Network Engineer I - Disconnects - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you a client-centric network engineer talented in
establishing resource requirements for enterprise clients?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to
support basic to moderately complex implementations?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You focus on ensuring client satisfaction and a successful
commercial sales cycle through detailed network planning. As a
Network Engineer, you combine your technical expertise and your
knowledge of client business needs to identify, forecast and
implement resource requirements for basic to moderately complex
network systems. You drive the implementation process for all
client network architecture and designs. You accelerate the sales
cycle by serving as a subject matter expert (SME) relaying
information on network systems and implementation to the account
manager and clients.
You excel at monitoring protocols and compatibility standards to
ensure continuous operations for your clients. You propel business
through the development and implementation of network enhancements
and improvement recommendations. You enhance efficiency by
partnering with design teams, Implementation, Hosted Voice, Managed
Services and field technicians. You thrive in an office and network
lab environment traveling as needed to support sales network
operations. Depending on the business unit, you may be part of a
24/7 on-call environment. You report to the Manager of Network
Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning
the architecture design and engineering.
- Complete network configuration projects by integrating
communication architecture, topologies, hardware, software,
transmission and signaling links.
- Enhance the product base through in-depth product evaluations
and performing network issue resolution.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Improve the network by monitoring protocol compatibility
standards, developing and implementing network enhancements, using
approved methods or procedures and making recommendations.
- Optimize existing networks through the planning and completion
of medium- to high-complexity projects, systems and issues.
- Boost efficiency by providing tier support across
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state, and federal regulations for every project.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
Required keys for success:
- Experience working with a data network.
- Intermediate data networking knowledge of transmission control
protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), open systems interconnection
(OSI) model, and optical networking.
- Familiar with related industry specifications and standards for
the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode,
single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching,
routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of network design, devices, network appliances,
network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Confident and clear communication with peers, clients and
- Ability to use internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- History of using network designing software, such as
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with MPLS provisioning.
- Familiar with Granite and/or Salesforce.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (preferred).
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training, such
as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).
Keywords: Spectrum, Charlotte , Network Engineer I - Disconnects - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!