Carrier Sales Representative
Company: Cardinal Logistics
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Summary:The Carrier Sales Representative is responsible for
coordinating the movement of freight via all modes of
transportation. -Essential Functions:
- As a representative of Cardinal the Logistics Coordinator is
responsible for creating a pleasant atmosphere for employees,
customers, carriers, and other vendors.
- Receive orders from customer and other Cardinal
- Coordinate movement of goods from shipper to destination within
parameters required by customer.
- Sourcing properly vetted and permitted carriers to haul
shipment pursuant to requirements.
- Negotiating with carriers to secure proper payout based on
- Confirming carriers are legally permitted to transport freight,
commodity, weight, and dimensions.
- Confirming carriers have proper and current operating authority
and sufficient insurance coverage for commodity.
- Notifying customer if shipment requirements are not able to be
met, if there is an issue with any portion of the shipment
affecting pick up or delivery or any other incidents in transit
negatively impacting the performance requirements of shipment.
- Work with other team members and employees to make sure all
requirements are understood prior to shipment being arranged.
- Make decisions based on best course of action and circumstances
on a shipment-by-shipment basis maintaining service standards,
profitability and fairness to customers and vendors.
- Providing customers and vendors with actual pertinent shipment
detail, i.e. location of drivers, expected ETA.
- Maintaining a constant sense of urgency moving freight without
sacrificing accuracy for speed.Other duties as assigned.Powered by
Keywords: Cardinal Logistics, Charlotte , Carrier Sales Representative, Sales , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...