Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Purpose and ScopeThe Sales Engineer works under the
direction of a regional manager and has progressively greater
responsibility for customer projects and assignments that involve
problem solving and the resolution of both commercial and technical
issues. Specific expectations of the Sales Engineers' development
in this role includes:
- Develop skills in coordinating internal associates and
customers for projects of moderate scope, including planning,
scheduling and coordinating. Expected to develop and demonstrate
leadership skills in influencing, driving for results and resource
- Learn how to develop, maintain and grow effective customer
relationships by maximizing face-to-face time, executing call
plans, entertainment, coordination of Timken resources, etc.
- Develop negotiations skills by participating in customer
negotiations; grow ability to develop pricing strategies and manage
a portfolio of business. Expected to develop an understanding of
customer's business, market space and trends.
- Build and develop technical relationships with customers by
providing consistent and expert technical support to customers
across the Timken portfolio of products and services.
- Build an understanding of Timken value and learn how to
leverage this to maximize price and grow and protect business.
- Manage sales process for assigned customer accounts or
territory: establish relationships and professional credibility
with assigned customer base. Makes target number of customer calls
and attains sales targets.
- Collaborates with others to develop and deliver high-impact
customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities and
solutions, value proposition.
- Through an understanding of customer drivers, builds ability to
influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products
and prototype applications.
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden customer needs,
representing customer needs, handling objections, etc.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing,
Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain
and other functional areas.
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses,
including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types.
Obtains application details from customers (including new or
atypical designs). Participates in evaluating new design concepts
- Sales Plan Execution: Collaborates with regional manager to
develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost
business, pricing plans, new business attainment.
- Learns to gather and submit customer and market knowledge into
monthly demand planning process.
- New Business Development and support of current business: Over
time in the job, transitions from communicating information to
recommending a solution. Launches NPR's and test requests; conducts
industry or technology research to identify trends. Evaluates
competitors, products, and selling/market strategy. Gain an
understanding of the New Business Development process including
input into development of new designs or other opportunities.
- Project Assignments: Responsible for projects as assigned and
directed by regional manager. May deliver customer-training or
internal training presentations. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar strongly preferred
with at least 1 year of sales or relevant experience
- In lieu of Bachelor's degree, a high school diploma/GED with at
least 5 years of technical sales experience
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified,
relevant experience and education All qualified applicants shall be
treated equally according to their individual qualifications,
abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will
be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race,
religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Charlotte , Sales Engineer, Sales , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!