Front Desk Agent
Company: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Why us? Do you desire to be part of a great adventure? then Sage
is for you! we passionately strive to be the best and create
excellence in everything we do. We are known best for being
authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to
anticipate needs and exceed expectations. Sage's vision is ensuring
a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal
candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our
business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The
service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a
healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
Join us today! Job Overview Responds in a professional and
courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by
providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to
telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel
information and guest concerns. Responsibilities
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for
arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and
computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in
rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by
following established manual and computer procedures in order to
close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in
person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates
and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell
room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all
in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and
concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls,
assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and
paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
times. Qualifications Education/Formal Training High School diploma
or equivalent Experience None required Knowledge/Skills
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude,
know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of
computerized cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public
and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a
variety of customer service problems, including stressful and
highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute
written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple
tasks. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read written communiques and monochrome
- Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone
keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written
instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to
communicate both verbally and in writing.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending
and kneeling required while filing.
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist
- Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files
and office items up to 25 lbs. Environment Prolonged standing at
indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work station under
florescent lighting. Work inside 95% ID: 2021-7785 Position Type:
Regular Part-Time Property : UNC Charlotte Marriott Outlet: Hotel
Category: Front Desk & Guest Services Address : 9041 Robert D.
Snyder Rd City : Charlotte State : North Carolina EOE Protected
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP, Charlotte , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!