Regional Sales Manager, Eastern U.S.
Company: Columbus McKinnon
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Role Summary: Key sales leadership role managing a defined sales
region. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
achieving regions sales budget at an acceptable profit level,
analysis of markets, development of market penetration plans, sales
forecasting, determining appropriate distribution coverage and
professional development of Application and Product Specialists
(APSs). Close interaction with key contacts within key channel
partners. Manages and directs all field sales activities in the
region to maximize profitable sales growth for Columbus McKinnon
Corporation. Effectively works cross-functionally with multiple
departments within the organization including but not limited to:
Marketing, Manufacturing, Product Development, Finance, Customer
Service, Legal, and CMCO Executive Committee.
The Eastern U.S. Industrial Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will lead
a sales teams, consisting of Application and Product Specialists
(APSs). The RSM is responsible for managing the day-to-day selling
activities of his/her APS Sales Team, maximizing profitable sales
and market share growth and converting competitive spend. The
Eastern U.S. Industrial RSM is charged with the development and
growth of all Industrial Equipment Group products within the
Eastern U.S. Region geography including: The New England States,
New York State, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia,
Virgina, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Maryland, North
and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. This
Sales Leadership position is responsible for driving both the
strategic and the tactical initiatives of the Industrial Products
Group in the Eastern U.S. The RSM is expected to lead by example in
all categories below.
Key Accountabilities: IMPLEMENTATION and EXECUTION OF THE
GO-TO-MARKET SALES STRATEGY
- Develop a complete understanding of customer needs by product,
channel, markets and geographic segments
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing Leaders to develop a winning
- Ensure that the APSs fully leverage the CMCO Partners In
- Identify and develop key external alliances that will deliver
complete customer solutions and satisfaction.
- Leverage our brands, products, and organization to close
business, displace competitors, gain market share, and WIN!
GROWING THE BUSINESS
- Drive significant growth by inspiring and leading the APSs in
the execution of the strategy and distributor network programs.
- Develop and achieve Regional Sales plans and programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with your strategic channel
partner principals. Leverage those relationships to develop selling
strategies and to push those strategies down into end users
- Ensure that all APSs are focused on end user engagement,
working to pull business through our Channel Partner network.
- Develop and Execute Key Initiatives for implementation across
the broader selling organization, including managing Enterprise
Account Managers and Vertical Account Managers
- Provide market and product requirements to the
Marketing/Product Management organization and collaborate on
- Produce Reginal forecasting, develop sales execution strategies
for new product launches
STRENGTHENING THE ORGANIZATION
- Work closely with APS team to ensure performance at the highest
- Nurture a culture of collaboration and sharing of best
- Leading by example, drive a proactive, flexible, responsive
approach to supporting customer needs.
- As the team leader, provide the necessary support and leverage
all CMCO resources to ensure the teams success
- Identify high performers and develop those skills for career
- Engage and involve other areas of the organization to support
the selling effort of your team.
- Complete needs assets and provide necessary training and
development activities for APSs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the leadership, inspiration and motivation for your
sales team and Channel Partners.
- Increase market share through CMCO leverage (brand, parts,
product, services) and CMCO value proposition.
- Participate in weekly Sales and Operation Calls with Plant
GMs/Sales Leaders, coming prepared to report on your teams sales
progress and forecast information as well as prevailing issues
- Implement customer marketing/business development programs by
channel, leveraging products and brands to drive sales growth and
market share gain.
- Develop and share best practices
- Champion the development and execution of the tactical and
strategic initiatives that will drive the sales growth.
- Supervisory responsibility for APSs.
- Develop and direct a distributor strategies for growth
- Develop and maintain distributor and end user executive
relationships where appropriate.
- Participate in corporate selling objectives involving Strategic
Accounts, Vertical Markets and key end users.
- Participate as required, in Marketing development and new
product development initiatives.
- Address and correct weak distributor markets and ensure strong
overall product category performance
- Conduct periodic meetings addressing regional issues, training
and the reinforcement of the corporate direction and vision to
field Sales personnel.
- Develop and leverage tools to drive profitable growth through
Targeted Marketing Programs and value and solution selling.
- Appropriately manage application of Partners In Performance
program, lead and quote follow up and parts strategy.
- Report territory activity and results to Executive
- Manage expenses staying within assigned budgets, adhering to
corporate T&E guidelines.
- Prepare GAP plans and participate in weekly calls with
Executive Director and Marketing Mgr
- Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by
- Leader with the ability to motivate a team
- Well-organized, time and territory, detail-oriented, etc.
- Reasoning abilities and analytical thinking
- Strong communication written and oral skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Data analysis skills.
- Proficient in computer-related skills.
- Leads by example, drives team enthusiasm, demonstrated track
record of delivery
- Must be promotable to grow into positions of greater
- Highest levels of personal integrity and credibility
- High achiever with a passion for excellence in people,
processes and products
- Team Player works collaboratively across the organization;
leverages all resources throughout the Corporation
- Risk-taker who challenges conventional solutions; creative,
thinks out of the box
- Thinks both strategically and tactically
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with direct
reports, peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to
the groups achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to
all internal and external customers
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept change and new approaches,
including additional responsibilities
- Sets work plans and considers priorities for completing
assignments in order to meet deadlines
- Maintains compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Willingness to invest in own development
- MBA preferred, Bachelor's degree with industry experience will
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and developing
alliances with Channel Partners.
- Experience building and managing a geographical distributor
- Leadership experience preferred but not required
- 5+ years of selling/marketing hoist, material handling or
related products to Industrial markets.
Special Position Requirements: Travel is required within Columbus
McKinnon Corps domestic footprint
Work Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or
status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: Columbus McKinnon, Charlotte , Regional Sales Manager, Eastern U.S., Sales , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!