Superintendent - Construction
Posted on: October 13, 2019
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy
of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
"We build living monuments that transcend our time on earth" - John
Rakolta Jr. CEO of Walbridge.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small
enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out
projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. May
involve supervising one or more trade groups (electricians,
boilermakers, carpenters, etc.) working in particular construction
discipline (civil, structural, electrical). This position reports
to the Project Manager.
- Plan and supervise Assistant Superintendent (on larger
projects) and/or craft activities includes determining method of
construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment,
temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company
departments, or other contractors.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to
ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of
productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications
with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning
required manpower, etc., as necessary and applicable to the labor
approach for the projects assigned.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program
requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material
Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all
required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft
activities and project schedule. Titles by discipline may include:
Construction Superintendent (for civil work), Structural
Superintendent, Mechanical Superintendent, Electrical
Superintendent, and the like.
- May be responsible for managing all field aspects of a small
project, with home office support.
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of
technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 8 years supervisory experience in similar facility
construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control
and demonstrated ability to control and supervise large
- Prior experience with Commercial and / or Industrial project
scopes of $15M value or more. [Commercial projects -
Healthcare/Higher Education facilities, Office Buildings,
- Project assignments that may require extended long term
temporary living arrangements or frequent travel to non-local job
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal
employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identification, citizenship status, status as an individual with a
disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions
concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation,
benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition
Keywords: Walbridge, Charlotte , Superintendent - Construction, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!