Compliance Consultant 4 - Communication Compliance
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: May 19, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage
risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including
conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest
rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance,
reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists
with problem identification and solutions, and shares best
practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view
of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in
identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of
business, and takes appropriate action when business activities
exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company's compliance second line of
defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards,
support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business
groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory
guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance
responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo
Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business
processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to
applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate
analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the
Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and
gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management
activities across the enterprise
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four
main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships
through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients
by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement
goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions.
Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment
management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies,
trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The position specifically supports Wells Fargo Asset Management
(WFAM) that brings together a strategic balance of investment
capabilities to serve the investment needs of clients worldwide:
institutions, financial advisors, and individuals.
The Compliance Consultant position resides within the WFAM
Compliance department in Corporate Risk- Independent Risk and is
responsible for compliance oversight of communication and
distribution activities of various investment advisors and the
broker dealer within WFAM. We are seeking a knowledgeable and
motivated individual to join our Communication Compliance Team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
- Compliance review and approval of advisor/ broker dealer
marketing materials and various other electronic communications to
ensure compliance with firm and regulatory requirements including
SEC or FINRA.
- Experience with Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) industry
with exposure to compliance and regulatory communication standards
in a financial services environment.
- Works with the most complex business units and provides
compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and
initiatives with high risk to identify and mitigate regulatory risk
in all business activities.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring
risk-based compliance programs to assure compliance with federal,
state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements or may provide
oversight to a compliance function.
- Designs and develops the most complex testing strategies,
methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and
effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives,
products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from
internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and
effectively manages change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the
development of training materials and coordinates or delivers
- Reports findings and recommendations to executive management or
management committee member/head of business.
- Manages and/or coordinates site, agency or other examinations
conducted by external parties. Leads project/virtual teams and
mentors lower level staff. May directly manage 1-2
- Provides consultation and support to various business
stakeholders across WFAM's departments regarding communication
standards and regulatory no action and industry guidance.
- Lead and manage projects with minimal supervision related to
new products, regulations, or procedures for the Communication
- Research new communication developments in the industry,
identify the impacts to the business, and recommend changes
required to the compliance program. Assist manager with
implementation of changes as appropriate. Work location(s): Boston,
MA; Charlotte, NC; Menomonee Falls, WI
**Please note that posting duration may be shortened based on job
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk
management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the
management of a process or business with accountability for
compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+
years of IT systems security, business process management or
financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must
include direct experience in compliance, operational risk
management, or a combination of both Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization Other
- Active FINRA Series 7 and 24 licenses (or recognized FINRA
equivalents) or ability to obtain
- Strong leadership, collaboration and demonstrated ability to
drive for results
- Experience reviewing complex business processes, evaluating
adequacy and effectiveness of communication policies, procedures,
processes and internal controls
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of the Investment Advisor
Advertising/Global Performance Investment Standards and
Communication with the Public Standards
- Demonstrated experience with Advanced Microsoft Office and
other Wells Fargo communication and archive reporting tools
- Education- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience with regulatory communication review and reporting
- Risk or compliance background
- Solid understanding of broker/dealer regulatory
- Experience reviewing communications for international
- Must be able to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Charlotte , Compliance Consultant 4 - Communication Compliance, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!