Entertainment Supervisor Production Tech
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Working with us is an opportunity that can pay off for years to come - with skills, knowledge, experiences and friends that can last a lifetime!
Responsible for the operation of technical sections within the Entertainment Department. Sections may include Live Show Technicians, Special Events Technicians, SCarowinds Haunt Build Technicians, Paladium Concert Technicians, Costume/Wardrobe Technicians, Makeup/Prosthetics Technicians, etc. Responsibilities include daily operation of area, supervising/training technicians, creating and executing technician daily schedules, providing guest service, etc. Oversees the creation and build of new show and event product. Installs, operates and maintains technical equipment for productions and events.Qualifications
- Must have worked on several previous productions in a fully equipped theater, or similar experience.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- Ability to teach and lead technicians with varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to lead associates to achieve department and division goals
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Ready to start your future now? Apply Today!
- Supervises associates including training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, and other supervisor functions.
- Ensures departmental goals and objectives are communicated to and implemented by personnel under his/her
- Works with all sections within the Entertainment Department to ensure superior show product.
- Ensures all show elements are safe, properly operating, and clean.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to management, associates and guests.
- Resolve guest and associate concerns.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationship with other departments.
- Coordinates and carries out logistics of Special Events, as assigned.
- Ensures the accuracy of associate time in the Time and Attendance System (TAS).
- Work closely with others in the department to maintain proper staffing levels.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires associates for the department.
- Maintains associate schedules.
- Follows and enforces all park and department policies and procedures.
- Accurately completes necessary paperwork (i.e. show reports, attendance records, time off requests, schedules, etc.)
- Adheres to budgetary guidelines and ensures adequate supplies to complete job tasks.
- Procures supplies following established departmental accounting procedures.
- Promotes teamwork and a positive atmosphere throughout the Entertainment Department.
- Maneuverability and mobility to work within park.
- Uses critical thinking and practices situational judgment.
- Maintains files, records and reports.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Installs and operates show production technical equipment, including sets, lights, sounds, video elements, costumes
- and/or makeup.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Construct and install new show product in manner consistent with the artistic vision of park management, show producers and designers.
- Troubleshoots equipment failure and works to resolve any issues safely and efficiently.
- Assists with load in and load out of shows, events, SCarowinds Halloween Haunt and other park activities and
- Secure and secures rentals, guest artists, production crews, and other outside labor / materials as assigned.
- Prepares facilities for daily activities, i.e. Rehearsals, clean ups, maintenance calls, shows, special events, etc
- Ensures smooth operation of all events and shows.
- Works with team to set up lights, staging, sets, sound, video and special effects, even if not in area of expertise.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Keywords: Carowinds, Charlotte , Entertainment Supervisor Production Tech, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!