Posted on: December 9, 2018
Responsible for installing and maintaining all plumbing and installations, including underground water, sewer lines and storm drains, ensuring efficient and safe operations at all times according to Carowinds standards. Maintains water rides including pumps and chemical treatment of water.Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience in the plumbing field, or a school equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of plumbing codes.
- Themed amusement park experience a plus.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Driver's license required.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics, technical manuals and diagrams, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with tools, two-way radio, various office and shop equipment, welding equipment, hand and power tools, machinery, and heavy equipment, which may include forklift, genie lift, steam cleaner, etc.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment including steel toed shoes.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Installs (placement, position, connect, inspect, test) all plumbing equipment, including cutting pipes, digging trenches, hanging fixtures, testing braces and soldering according to manufacturer's and Carowinds standards. Repairs and maintains all plumbing equipment, including inspecting and evaluating for proper function, cracks and erosion, according to local code and Carowinds standards.
- Maintains underground water lines, storm drains and sewers, including unclogging and keeping proper flow.
- Maintains all water rides and keeps water quality at local codes, including testing water and adding chemicals.
- Performs preventative maintenance (planned internal inspections) on water rides and plumbing installations as needed. Performs check-outs on plumbing equipment per manufacturer and Carowinds standard. Documents preventative maintenance and check-outs as file record. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions using schematics and test equipment. Maintains lubrication schedules (grease and oil).
- Responds to trouble calls in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in parts ordering, maintains inventory and monitors to ensure operation remains within budget guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Makes recommendations based on new developments and trends.
- Assists with various other maintenance work as required including landscaping, welding, carpentry, HVAC, construction, pest and animal control.
- Adheres to all park policies and procedures, including attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Keywords: Carowinds, Charlotte , Plumber, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!