Marina Forklift Operator
Location: Mount Gilead
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Marina Bull Operator (Forklift): Job Summary :The Equipment
Operator of our Marina Bull Forklift is responsible for the
movement of all vessels located in the facility for haul & launch,
designated work, storage or sales. This position is also required
to inspect, repair, and maintain all assigned equipment. The
Equipment Operator's title may be specific to their trade and
titled as such (Equipment Operator (Service), Equipment Operator
(Storage), Equipment Operator (Marina) etc.)Essential Duties and
- Operate heavy equipment including but not limited to: marine
forklifts, travelifts, and hydraulic trailers.
- Be able to operate machinery efficiently, effectively and
demonstrate safe handling of vessels.
- Use equipment to move vessels in and out of water, to
designated work space, storage or sales areas.
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment to ensure
- Perform yard work such as pressure washing, bottom painting,
block and stand vessels, and general maintenance as required.
- Assist with ground maintenance and ensuring overall marina
- Available to work overtime when required - Weekend Work is
Mandatory Other duties as assigned by Manager Safety and
EnvironmentalResponsibilities :Follow SHM Safety and Environmental
rules and complete required related training. Wear proper personal
protective equipment (may include safety glasses, gloves, life
jackets and/or hard hats) as required for the task or work area.
Report all accidents, injuries, spills and near misses
immediately.Technical and Physical Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years' relevant experience preferred Heavy forklift
experience and certification required
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Basic boat handling skills preferred
- Must possess a valid drivers' license Safety and Environmental
- Follow SHM Safety and Environmental rules and complete required
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (may include safety
glasses, gloves, life jackets and/or hard hats) as required for the
task or work area.
- Report all accidents, injuries, spills and near misses
immediately.Minimum Soft Skills Qualifications :
- Eagerness to engage in a growing, fast paced, and
- Consistently treats others with dignity and respect
- Genuinely serves others with humility and a positive
- Frequently demonstrates a bias toward action
- Always communicates effectively and courteously with fellow
teammates and members
- Continuously follows policies and procedures while seeking out
new and better ways of accomplishing duties
- Shows resolve and overcomes difficulties in a positive and
- Gladly provides responsive, and high level of service to our
teammates and members
- Eagerly puts forth the extra effort to accomplish duties
- Adapts quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in order
to meet teammate or member needsPlease contact Brittany Peregoff at
or for inquiries on this Marina Forklift Operator position.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Charlotte , Marina Forklift Operator, Professions , Mount Gilead, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...