Project Engineer - Commercial Construction - Charlotte
Company: Michael Page
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Are you looking to join a reputable construction management firm
with an outstanding workplace culture? Would you like an
opportunity to manage their innovative commercial construction
projects? Are you looking for a company that promotes their people
from within? If so, apply now for immediate consideration!Client
DetailsMichael Page has partnered with a top Design-Build General
Contractor in the Charlotte market. Established in 2005, they offer
a strong pipeline of upcoming projects, as well as the chance for
quick growth to become a leader for their Southeastern Team.
Priding themselves on the repat business of their clients, they
have seen incredible results. Because of the company's recent
success, their operations team is now ready to grow out their
Southeastern team. Please apply now for immediate consideration, or
reach out to Davis Fallon directly at !DescriptionProject Engineer
- Commercial Construction - Charlotte will be responsible for:
- Must be able to multi-task, be a Team Player, and have
initiative to make yourself better and the company better.
- Understand and implement the Invitation to Bid process.
- Assist in keeping the Vendor directory current and
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding
project specifications and drawings.
- Communicate and develop relationships with subcontractors and
- Perform take-offs using Bluebeam & Planswift.
- Learn how to use and adopt the various Preconstruction &
Construction related excel spreadsheets.
- Assist Precon Team with reviewing project documents,
quantifying/qualifying/developing scopes of work, and perform
subcontractor bid analysis.
- Establish and maintain the Action Item Matrix and AVE
- Assures project construction compliance by becoming intimately
familiar with the assigned project plans and specifications.
Follows up on, reviews, and submits shop drawings, samples,
material lists, and other submittals to document compliance.
- Follows up for receipt, review, distribution, and filing of
information and documents required for project construction.
Includes plan revisions, Requests for Information, Submittals,
photos, videos, etc. as required.
- Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings,
requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal
- Reviews plans from the standpoint of constructability.
- Communicates inconsistencies to the architect via Requests for
- Reviews plans for potential labor saving and other cost-saving
methods. Communicates these with the project team and
- Attends and takes notes for project team meetings, including
weekly Owner/Architect meetings and subcontractor coordination
meetings. Distributes meeting minutes to participants.
- Works with the Superintendent and Project Manager to prepare
project schedule, including establishing dates for receiving shop
drawings and milestones necessary to avoid delays to the
- Participates in project schedule updates as needed.
- Publishes weekly progress reports for assigned projects.
- Assists in bidding and developing scope of work for trade
- Reviews field procedures and final installation of structural
elements to ensure compliance of the work and assists with
compiling and preparing documents and trainings for project
closeout as required by specifications.
- Observes and analyzes work methods, techniques, and procedures
to advise superintendent on improvement of production
- Instills safety culture. Comply with all safety policies,
practices and procedures.
- Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety Manager.
Updates and implements software programs for collaboration,
quality, and document management.ProfileProject Engineer -
Commercial Construction -Charlotte should have:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction
management, or related field, or the equivalent education and
- Adequate field experience will be considered in lieu of formal
- Good written and oral communication skills. Expresses self
clearly and effectively when talking with individuals and groups.
Demonstrates poise and mastery of language by expressing ideas
clearly in writing and using proper organization and grammar.
- Flexibility: Willing to modify plans and behavior when
necessary to meet a goal.
- Cooperation: Works well with other people. Takes time to help
co-workers, customers and others achieve their goals and
- Learning Ability: Has the ability and desire to quickly learn
new job-related information.
- The ability to understand and apply OSHA and company safety
- Problem Solving: Solves practical problems and deals with a
variety of variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists; interprets a variety of complex
- Knows how to manage events to achieve goals, is a self-starter,
works well without close supervision, and has a record of achieving
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- One year of previous field experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of scheduling programs preferred.
- Ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands,
questions, and instructions preferred.
- Technical Skills - Ability to learn new software programs
quickly and apply them to processes.Job OfferProject Engineer -
Commercial Construction - Charlotte will receive:
- Highly competitive Base Salary - $70,000- $85,000+ base -
dependent upon experience
- Company bonuses
- Excellent benefits program that includes medical insurance,
401K match, PTO, etc
- Opportunity for fast-tracked career progression - Be able to
join an established company in a new office
- Ability to work on exciting, local and prominent projectsMPI
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an
individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from
minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other
Keywords: Michael Page, Charlotte , Project Engineer - Commercial Construction - Charlotte, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...