Manager of Business Partner Consulting
Company: Novant Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
*This position is hybrid and can sit in Charlotte, NC or
The Manager, Business Partner Consult is a strategic, consultative
partner and trusted advisor to one or more lines of business. The
Manager creates value by understanding the business and
implementing world-class people strategies and solutions that
deliver on objectives, including shared responsibility for goal
achievement. The role exists to understand and support the business
with tailored strategies that foster a culture of inclusion and
belonging. This role also focuses on team member engagement,
retention, organizational structure and change management,
workforce planning, and succession planning. This position may also
lead a team, with the objective of furthering the HR service
delivery model within the business area, relationship management,
and consulting on best-practice retention strategies.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and
inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team
member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing
remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities.
Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to
our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Human Resource
Management, Business Administration or related field,
- Experience: - Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources or related
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: PHR, SPHR, CHCR, SHRM-CP,
SHRBP or SHRM-SCP certifications, preferred.
- Additional Skills Required:
- BUSINESS ACUMEN - Understands the business strategy and how
success is measured.
- LEADERSHIP - Leader who exemplifies the strategic, consultative
- COMMUNICATION - Exceptional oral and written communication
skills, and ability to draft clear, concise communications and
documents. Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or
groups effectively, considering the audience and nature of the
information (technical, sensitive, confidential). Listens to others
and their nonverbal cues and responds appropriately.
- DIGITAL FLUENCY - Applies digital technology to enhance
quality, improve productivity and communication, solve problems,
and streamline processes. Digital fluency includes the ability to
maximize new and emerging technologies used to complete daily tasks
and take care of workplace responsibilities.
- ADAPTABILITY - Maintains change readiness, resilience and
flexibility to meet evolving business needs. Adaptability includes
successfully navigating volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous
- ANALYTICS ACUMEN - Leverages data to tell an insightful and
compelling story to inform business decisions. Applies knowledge of
P&C metrics, including activity measures and workforce and
business outcome measures. Draws insights from existing data and
turns them into actionable solutions. Tailors the data to audiences
and delivers meaningful recommendations. Pulls data from applicable
P&C systems/existing reports and uses system resources
appropriately to analyze for trends/themes. Analytics acumen
consists of organizing and assimilating data to provide proactive
solutions for customers.
- CUSTOMER CENTRICITY - Provides an outstanding experience for
customers through efficient, accurate and proactive solutions to
business needs. Customer centricity fosters a positive customer
experience at every stage of the customer journey.
- ALIGNMENT OF BUSINESS AND P&C STRATEGY - Understands how
talent supports the business strategy to maximize revenue and
- CHANGE CHAMPION - Builds the case for change based on market
and business reality. Overcomes resistance to change by engaging
stakeholders in key decisions and building their commitment to full
implementation. Understands and conveys the impact of change on
people, processes, procedures, leadership and organizational
- TRUSTED ADVISOR - Does what they commit to in order to build
credibility. Exercises skill and diplomacy to further P&C as a
trusted business partner. Creates buy-in and positive chemistry
with customers. Stays informed about P&C policies, processes,
and industry updates.
- COACHING - Coaches, mentors and guides customers around people,
engagement and performance.
- PROJECT DELIVERY - Plans, organizes, monitors and controls all
aspects of a project to achieve objectives safely and within the
agreed upon time, cost and performance criteria, with particular
focus on speed to market.
- CONSULTING - Diagnoses problems, develops
programs/interventions and delivers P&C solutions that are
instrumental in addressing business issues and are consistent with
identified strategies. Probes for additional information to deliver
the best outcome.
- DECISION MAKING - Makes sound, well-informed and objective
decisions. Perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
Commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish
- PROBLEM SOLVING - Identifies problems and uses sound judgment
to generate and evaluate alternative recommendations. Determines
accuracy and relevance of information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current local, federal and state
regulatory and governing standards.
- Speed to Market: Effectively works in a fast-paced work
environment to deliver results.
- World Class: Knowledgeable about P&C best practices and
future trends in healthcare and in industry.
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical and creative problem-solving
- Digital Fluency: Proficiency with virtual meetings and
Microsoft Office 365, specifically Power Point, Excel and Teams.
(Insert Specific Technology).
- Highly Effective Communicator: Demonstrated ability to
communicate effectively, appropriately and inclusively with key
stakeholders at all levels.
- Inclusion and Belonging: Fosters a work environment of
inclusion and belonging for all team members.
- Judgment: Demonstrated ability to act independently upon
information and make decisions that achieve optimal
- Display positive image through business professional
- Respect confidential information.
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment and
demonstrate visible momentum.
- Additional Skills/Requirements (preferred): Bilingual in
Spanish / English
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to
deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension,
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team
work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging
diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a
safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No
Keywords: Novant Health, Charlotte , Manager of Business Partner Consulting, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!