Posted on: November 27, 2022
Req ID: 108084Remote Position: YesRegion: AmericasCountry: USA
Our business is quickly ramping and has numerous strategic
customers globally and requires direct leadership oversight to
ensure initiatives, program launches, supply chain
improvement-related actions are identified, implemented, and
monitored for continuous improvement/best-in-class performance. The
supply chain challenges in addressing optimal factory and customer
management require a focused, coordinated, close monitoring and
deep customer engagement globally and engaging with
cross-functional teams internally along with customers and
suppliers.Detailed Description: This is a senior-level position,
typically at larger sites (> 1500 employees). Provides direct &
indirect supervision to all reporting managers & employees at a
site performing highly specialized roles in several major func. or
depts. May be accountable for projects or programs on a
multi-national or global basis. Has overall P&L responsibility
for site OPS or operational accountability for global BUs. Work
requires resolving a wide variety of conditions that carry
long-term implications. Participates with other senior mgrs to
establish strategic plans & objectives. Corporate Role - SCM
Leadership position engaged with all other Functional Areas,
Customer GCBU, and Sites. Accountable for developing and driving
GlobalCorporate SCM strategy across all Celestica Sites and/or
customers. Scope of projects may include all areas of SCM, working
in coordination with all levels of site or regional SCM areas and
breadth of influence. The role is strategic on a global level
managing or providing direction to multiple SCM dedicated teams
across multiple geographies and/or customers. This role acts as a
key contributor to setting strategic direction for key global
programs. The scope of these projects involve customers, sites,
suppliers and products, and may be integrated with GCBU
activity.Has overall responsibility for planning, budgeting,
implementing & maintaining costs, methods & ee's in a func.area or
cust.grouping. Makes final decisions on administrative &
operational matters in the area of responsibility to ensure
achievement of objectives. Directs & controls the activities of a
broad func. or oper.area through several dept mgrs. Assigns
objectives, reviews performance & approves ee compensation, coaches
for improved performance. Regularly interacts with exec &/or
major customers and suppliers. Interactions normally involve
controversial situations, cust.negotiations, or influencing &
persuading other senior level mgrs. May represent the organization
in public speaking venues &/or community events.Performs tasks
such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Corporate role - maintains responsibility for SCM strategy
development. & implementation based on supplier/cust.complexity on
a global level.
- Develops new SCM strategies, policies, practices, methods, or
programs to establish new strategic direction in support of the SCM
- Provides leadership & direction on Corporate SCM guidance to
site GM, GCBU VP & Func.Exec. Implements structure to meet future
customer & process requirements. Interacts at all levels of
- Maintains responsibility for all SCM activities across several
sites supporting Industrial & Smart Energy manufacturing
- Provides leadership and direction to multiple departments on
structuring processes, layouts, and resources.
- Maintains external contacts to understand best-of-breed
processes to improve costs and logistics offerings.
- Implements structure to meet future customer and process
- Maintains operational involvement in day-to-day issues related
to the warehouse, transportation, internal parts flow, security and
controls, inventory management, direction on purchasing contracts
and non-production activities, applications, and process
- Provides direction on major projects, such as Advanced Planning
System tools and enhancements.
- Provides direction to managers on objective setting,
measurements, human resource activities, and company
- Has regular interaction, coaching, and feedback with direct
- Participates in many cross-functional activities such as formal
benchmarking studies, interface with external auditors, and driving
actions/ improvement across the organization.
- Reviews ISO compliance and SCM business controls.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction activities.
- Communicates with customers relating to demand, commitments,
non-performing inventory, and future process changes
- Will have responsibility for working with other Celestica
sites, SCM, business development, corporate finance and global
account teams to drive inventory management results globally.
- Leads tactical and long-term initiatives including process
improvements, action plans, training and education and implements
capital financing initiatives related to improving cash cycle.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.Knowledge/Skills/Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment,
materials and processes.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of supply chain
management, distribution methods, global transportation services,
and inventory management including demand and planning
optimization. Knowledge specific to Industrial products and
manufacturing would be preferred.
- Ability to understand the complete supply chain and resolve
issues in any area. Experience with multiple sites/multi
geographies would be preferred.
- Proven results in supply localization and accommodating supply
needs of high mix/low volume business.
- Good understanding of IT concepts and integrated business
- Strong knowledge in all areas of import/export, regulatory and
logistics management, particularly controlling freight premiums in
high mix/low volume business.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem resolution
- Experience negotiating supply and/or warehousing
- Collaboration with sales, engineering, Ops, IT in RFQ support
and flawless customer launches.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to resolve complex issues & problems internally and
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train and motivate a
diverse group of managers and employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, with a wide variety of internal and external
- Extensive external contacts with consultants, associations and
other companies for benchmarking and networking.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other
sites to achieve objectives.Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferably in Engineering
- CPIM designation would be considered an asset
- 10+ years of relevant supply chain experienceAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected
veteran.Celesticas policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital
status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics
protected by law. This policy applies to hiring, promotion,
discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification,
referral and other aspects of employment and also states that
retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination,
participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes
an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Location: This is a remote position, with travel as
necessary. We are open to considering candidates close to any of
our US locations in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas,
Arizona, Oregon or California as well as locations near major
airports such as the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest and Pacific
Coast.COMPANY OVERVIEW:Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the
worlds best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric
approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and
Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial,
Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most
complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware
platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global
expertise and insight at every stage of product development from
drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services
for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered
aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions
for the Cloud.Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams
spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe
and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our
customers.Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however,
only qualified applicants will be contacted.Celestica does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based
Keywords: Celestica, Charlotte , SCM Director, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!