Field Manager - Landscape Maintenance
Company: Ruppert Landscape
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Ruppert Landscape is a family and employee-owned commercial
landscape construction and management company headquartered in
Montgomery County, MD with operations in Pennsylvania, Maryland,
Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Delaware and Tennessee.
Our mission is to provide opportunity for our people, take
excellent care of our customers, and be good stewards of the
environment and our community.The Field Manager is responsible for
managing labor and material in the field to complete assigned
contract maintenance and snow removal projects. In addition, field
managers must develop the people that report to them. Success in
this position is indicated by jobs in which contracts are renewed,
jobs completed in the budgeted hours and low, negative turnover of
assistants and crewmembers. This position must cooperate with other
landscape management field managers and enhancement field managers
to see that the overall goals of the branch are met.
- Develop a clear understanding of the philosophies by which the
company operates, the short-and long-term goals of the branch and
the financial position of the branch.
- Get to know your people in an effort to help them develop
within the company. Set goals with them and monitor their progress
through timely formal and informal evaluations.
- Be an active part of our training process by attending or
conducting certification training sessions on a regular basis.
- Plan, schedule and supervise daily production activities on
assigned contracts. x
- Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and cost budgets
for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job hours, reports and
job costs regularly and taking action as needed. Communicate budget
hours to assistants and crewmembers.
- Develop a good relationship with the client on every job.
- Monitor quality of work and be proactive in bringing issues to
the customers attention by inspecting the job at the end of each
day and completing property service reports.
- Sell an acceptable level of extras through the use of T&M
- Maintain assigned vehicle and equipment in good working
- Demonstrated skill and ability managing others at other
- Demonstrated skill and ability working with service
- At least one year experience doing contract maintenance work in
a commercial setting.
- Two-or four-year horticultural or related degree and two years
industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry
certifications can substitute for non-related degree, two-year
degree or no degree.
- Ability to identify and diagnose insect and disease problems
and schedule appropriate treatment.
- Working knowledge of vehicles and equipment used in contract
maintenance and snow removal.
- Valid drivers license with a clean record over the last three
years.What we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits with dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work/life balance
- Family-oriented company cultureRuppert Landscape is an Equal
Opportunity and E-verify EmployerExternal Company URL:
www.ruppertcompanies.com Street: 12601 Rock Hill / Pineville
Keywords: Ruppert Landscape, Charlotte , Field Manager - Landscape Maintenance, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!