Roadway/Airport/Building Construction Inspector
Company: Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Provides overall field contract administration and coordination on
airport construction projects of a diverse nature. -Monitor
activities of the assigned projects to determine that contractor's
construction activities are monitored and controlled in accordance
with design specifications and contractual requirements. -May serve
as interface on-site between Client, Company Personnel and
Contractor in the resolution of project issues. -May be in charge
of a project of limited size and scope under the direct oversight
of a Project Engineer or serving as the assistant to the Project
Engineer on a large and or complex Project.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- - - - - - -Review progress schedules, schedules of shop drawing
submittals, and schedule of values prepared by Contractor and
consult with Project Engineer concerning acceptability.
- - - - - - -Attend meetings with Contractor, such as
pre-construction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences,
and other project-related meetings, and if requested by Project
Engineer prepare and circulate copies of minutes thereof.
- - - - - - -Serve as Project Engineer's liaison with Contractor,
working principally through Contractor's superintendent and assist
in understanding the intent of the contract documents; and assist
Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Inc. (TBE) in serving as Owner's
liaison with Contractor when Contractor's operations affect Owner's
- - - - - - -Assist in obtaining from the Owner additional details
or information, when required for the proper execution of the work,
according to the contract documents.
- - - - - - -Record receipt of submittals. -Receive samples, which
are furnished at the site by the Contractor, and notify the Project
Engineer of availability of samples for examination. -Advise
Project Engineer and Contractor of the commencement of any work
requiring a shop drawing or sample if Project Engineer has not
accepted the submittal.
- - - - - - -Conduct on-site observations of the work in progress
to assist the Project Engineer in determining if the work is, in
general, proceeding in accordance with the contract documents.
- - - - - - -Report to Project Engineer any work that is
unsatisfactory, faulty, or defective, does not conform to the
contract documents, has been damaged, or does not meet the
requirements of any inspections, tests, or approval required to be
- - - -Maintain a diary/logbook recording correspondence,
submittals, RFI's, change orders, field orders, Contractor specific
activities, quantities installed and accepted, test activities, and
- - - -Prepare daily and weekly project construction reports.
- - - -Review applications for payment.
Minimum Qualifications :
- The candidate must have at least 2 years of experience performing
the duties described
- - - -Have the ability to read, write, and speak English at a
level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- - - - - - -Be able to read and understand construction plans and
specifications for various types of projects.
- - - - - - -Have a current valid driver's license in their state
- - - - - - -Be able to pass a background check prior to receiving
security clearance to work on certain airport projects.
- - - - - - -Possess strong written, verbal, and organizational
- - - - - - -Be able to demonstrate the ability to use common
computer programs such as MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel.
Experience and familiarity with e-Builder a plus
- - - - - - -Relevant degree or diploma from an accredited
post-secondary educational institution, a degree in Engineering a
Keywords: Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Inc., Charlotte , Roadway/Airport/Building Construction Inspector, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!