Material Handler (C Crew) (5:45am-6:15pm)- Bakery
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.Job
Summary The Material Handler is responsible for receiving, storing,
picking and distributing material and products within
establishment.Essential Job Duties
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping
order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or
- Transports materials and items from receiving or production
areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or
other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
- Certified to drive material handling equipment.
- Transports stored items within the warehouse.
- Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized
- Utilizes manual and automated material handling equipment.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area floor.
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective
- Reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Takes photos of incoming or outgoing load and log items and
pictures for documentation.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Where applicable, climbs and works at the heights of material
- May climb on top or into tank trailers to check seals and take
- May prepare and takes a cycle count inventory of all
merchandise; records counts on cycle count sheets.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
- May perform other duties as required.ACRStatement of Coverage
N/AScope of Responsibility No supervisory or budgetary
responsibility.Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to pass basic math skills test.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of obtaining Forklift certification.Education and
ExperienceHigh School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production
experience in a manufacturing environment required. Previous
experience with Oracle or similar based WMS system; a minimum of 1
year of experience in a warehouse position; previous forklift
experience is preferred.Professional Licenses or Certifications
Obtain and maintain a forklift certification.Physical Demands Must
be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly lifting
and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment. Ability to lift
65+ lbs. on a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move
more than 100+ lbs.Place an "x" in the box for each of the
CarrySeldom:Occasionally:Frequently: xContinuously:WeightPlace an
"x" in the box for each of the categories below:Up to 10
poundsSeldom/Never:Occasionally:Frequently:Continuously:Up to 25
poundsSeldom/Never:Occasionally:Frequently:Continuously:Up to 50
poundsSeldom/Never:Occasionally:Frequently:Continuously:Up to 100
poundsSeldom/Never:Occasionally:Frequently: xContinuously:More than
Environment The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the
office areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is
ambient and impacted by seasonal changes.Travel Required Minimal
travel may be required.DisclaimerTo perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.The Company is committed to
providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all
aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age,
religion or any other classification protected by law.In that
regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Charlotte , Material Handler (C Crew) (5:45am-6:15pm)- Bakery, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!