IT Production Support
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Apex Systems is hiring FOUR qualified individuals for Data
Control Analyst positions and the opportunity to join a large
client in the financial sector here in the Triangle or Remote!
*Please apply and email your resume to Sarah McCarthy at if
Applicants will need to have experience working with either: ESP,
CA-7, JCL or some equivalent tool, and 4+ years of Batch
Support/Production Support experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Under minimal supervision, coordinate the Data
Center production environment to ensure a "best-practices" flow of
enterprise data processing. Manage and control the processing of
programs on mainframe and/or distributed computer systems to ensure
attainment of the highest levels of service and system
availability. Responsible for complex analysis and resolution of
escalated problems within the function.
- Monitor, manage and control multiple production schedules using
CA ESP to ensure that the SLAs are met.
- Perform user requests for job submission, rerun of abended jobs
and one time adhoc scheduling requests in production and test
- Research abend status of jobs and facilitate technical support
and escalate as needed for resolution.
- Send written email notifications to Management, Lines of
Business, Business Units etc. in the event of an outage and or
- Initiate and facilitate WebEx meetings, engage necessary
support, send appropriate notifications, and perform incident
management procedures for troubleshooting and assessing impact of
- Ensure an auto generated or manual Incident/Ticket is opened
for all production occurrences and provide written updates and work
history performed in the recovery process.
- Monitor instant message chat groups to receive and or provide
communications to support groups.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and execution
utilizing backup and recovery procedures and tools.
- Perform IPL of IBM mainframe sysplex environments for scheduled
Software: JCL, CICS, CLIST, REXX, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, CLIST, VB,
C/C#/C++, Objective-C, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, HTML,Operating
Systems: WINDOWS 10/9x/2000/2003/XP/Vista, ZOS, z/OS 10, OS390,
MVS, AS400Tools: CA ESP, FILE-AID, XPEDITER, , CA11, Zeke,
Control-M, JES2, JES3, Tivoli TEC, Exceed, Remedy, ServiceNow, NMC,
Lotus Notes, Service Center, Tivoli Enterprise Management,
Changeman, Connect Direct, Sterling File Gateway, Omegamon, CICS,
Skype, xMatters, MIR3
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field, or
equivalent education and related training
- Three years of relevant experience in information
- Grounded understanding of applied enterprise computing
- Advanced knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server
systems, problem analysis and systems tuning
- Fluency of job control language
- Demonstrated knowledge of mainframe operating systems
- Resourcefulness in multi-tasking, anticipating needs,
developing creative solutions and researching/synthesizing
information to resolve problems
- Capacity to acquire complex technical concepts through training
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- CA experience
- ServiceNow experience
- Data Transmission experience
- Knowledge of OS390 or z/OS 10 mainframe operating system
OPEN SHIFTS: (3) 12hr days, (1) 6 hour day*Monday-Thursday -
daytimeTuesday-Friday - overnightFriday-Monday - weekend *Please
apply and email your resume to Sarah McCarthy at if interested! EEO
EmployerApex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or .
Keywords: Apex Systems, Charlotte , IT Production Support, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!