Inventory Control Clerk
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: January 14, 2021
US3081 Sygma Carolina, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
Controls and monitors freight and inventory levels using the most
cost-effective methods. Also may provide clerical and
administrative support to warehouse management in regards to
inventory control and maintain SWAT systems. Provides assistance to
Inventory Control Supervisor and Warehouse Manager
- Provide for monitoring and inspection of produce at the dock to
ensure quality standards are met and quantity is correct
- Responsible for daily physical cycle counts on frozen, cooler,
and dry product
- Keep Warehouse Manager/Supervisor informed, as needed, of
potential problems and changes
- Complete inventory and warehouse reports on a daily basis
- Assist and coordinate all physical inventories as called for
under SYGMA guidelines and directives
- Works closely with all departments regarding merchandise
received, new items, all inventories, to assure a continuous flow
- Adhere to cycle count program
- Adhere it HazardAnalysisandCriticalControlPoint (HACCP) and
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Additional Duties May be Assigned
- Conduct aisle audits
- Responsible for salvage/damage recoups
- Assist with all inventory adjustments
- Assist inventory control supervisor with slot maintenance,
stock transfers, and physical inventories
- Assist inventory control supervisor with purchasing activities
such as overstocks, shorts supply, inconsistent buying and out of
- Interface with purchasing, warehouse, inventory, and customer
- Highlight problem areas for follow-up by the necessary
- Research credits to find out the reason the credit was
- Perform VCB's when necessary
- Occasionally schedule inbound loads to accommodate receiving
A high school diploma/GED plus 1-year warehousing experience is
The position also requires the ability to operate a 10-key
Prefer 3-4 years of warehouse experience.
- Work is medium in nature.
- You must be able to safely lift up to 50-70 lbs.
- Position requires extended periods of walking and sitting, and
occasional periods of pulling, squatting, and reaching up to a 4 -
- You must be able to communicate clearly with shippers and
employees both in person and over the phone.
- Substantial key entry, paperwork, and some filing are
Mental/ Visual Demand
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with
or without correction.
In addition, you must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit,
reach, lift, bend, and interact with others.
- Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions
but not temperature changes) and outside.
- The employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer
- Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving
mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high
A calculator, copier, fax, PC, Microsoft Office applications,
telephone and mainframe printer are typical equipment used in this
position. Other warehouse and office equipment including additional
computer programs may be used.
License or Certifications
Certified on warehouse equipment, possibly a forklift license
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Charlotte , Inventory Control Clerk, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!