Certified Ophthalmic Technician
Company: Metrolina Eye Associates
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Ophthalmic Technician for multiple locationsCandidates without
COA/COT will be required to agree to obtaining COA within a
specified time frame.We are a high volume practice looking to hire
multiple energetic, articulate, experienced Certified Ophthalmic
Assistants (COA) / Certified Ophthalmic Technicians (COT) who are
well-versed in general, medical and surgical ophthalmology. Our
state of the art, private practice provides an extensive range of
personalized eye care services to patients with emphasis on primary
eye care, cataract and glaucoma surgery, lasik/refractive surgery,
oculoplastics, and in office cosmetic procedures. Our doctors,
along with our clinical team, are dedicated to optimizing our
patient's vision and ensuring they can see their
- Greets and rooms patient. Completes patient work-up, including:
collection of chief complaint, obtain medical and ocular history,
vision screening, manifest refraction, lensometry, applanation,
EOM's, CVF, dilation, tear lab/inflammadry testing as well as any
other components of an examination our providers feel are
- Perform tests including, but not limited to: A- or B-scan
calculations, Visual Fields, Pachymetry, Corneal Topography
(Cassini & Pentacam), Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), IOL
Master and LenStar, Verion, Eidon, Pachymetry.
- May assist physician with in-office procedures, as appropriate
and in accordance with incumbent's training. Administers ocular
medications as prescribed by the physician. Educates patients as
necessary or requested.
- Provides patient counseling regarding proper use of medication.
As needed, distributes approved pre- and post-op guidelines.
- Charts all medical data and testing results in patient's
- Refill prescriptions through ERX system.
- Performs telephone triage to assess urgent versus emergent
needs and creates schedules to meet the needs of the patient.
Promptly responds to messages from patients, pharmacists, and other
doctors as well as perform prior authorizations for
- Restocks and cleans exam rooms after patient care. Conducts
area sweeps during and at the end of day. Closes rooms at the end
- Dependable transportation as travel to multiple clinic
locations is requiredPosition Requirements:
- JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified
Ophthalmic Technician (COT) Exceptional experience will be
considered with a condition of obtaining certification within six
months of hire.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment
- Demonstrates experience and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Efficiently and accurately interviews patients and documents
histories; ensures charts are updated and accurate
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease and
- Experience with HVF, Lensometry, Corneal Topography, Optical
Coherence Tomography, Tonometry, Tear Osmolarity Testing, Muscle
Fields, Pupil Exams, Fundus Photography and Refracting.
- Proficiency with EMR computer programs.
- Perform general duties and other functions as required or
- At least 3 years of experience in a clinical setting
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be proficient with computer and related software
- Working knowledge of anatomy, pharmacology, medical
terminology, sterilization techniques, and basic eye care.
- Understanding of ophthalmic testing and the use of ophthalmic
instruments and equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills; strong
communication skills and organizational skills required.
Keywords: Metrolina Eye Associates, Charlotte , Certified Ophthalmic Technician, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!