Lead Warehouse Associate
Company: White Cap
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Perform general warehouse
operations and support management by acting as first line of
assistance for associates. Dependent on volume/size of the
facility, may have specialized tasks or have a generalized role
working in all departments. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the
proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and
procedures are followed.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is
qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to
complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet
jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as
unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Verifies and enters data into the system.
- Maintains condition of work area.
- Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull
correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity
and accuracy goals.
- May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory,
order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight,
size and characteristics of load. Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 18+ months of warehouse experience.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations,
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle
light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related
matters. PRID PRID137 Job Locations US-NC-Charlotte Posted Date 13
hours ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM) Job ID 2020-39809 Business Unit
Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Warehouse Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Charlotte , Lead Warehouse Associate, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!