Site Civil Engineer
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture,
engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to
clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative
technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently
certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work--. We
believe great companies are built from exceptional people and
amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a dynamic Site Civil
Engineer in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Site Civil Engineer will lead design, plan production, and
permitting, and assist Project Directors with a variety of
site/civil land development engineering projects. This individual
will create site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer
design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, stormwater
management systems and stormwater pollution prevention plans. Our
Lead Site Civil Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional
internal and external stakeholders to develop detailed
deliverables, influence project framework, cost estimates,
timeframe decisions, and ensure that the highest quality features
are developed and delivered across Woolpert's client footprint.
- Design and create site layout plans in alignment with client
requirements, local ordinances, and Woolpert standards.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop site designs, including
grading, drainage and utility plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure
project objectives (scope, schedule, deliverables) are met in
accordance with established metrics
- Provide technical expertise in site/civil design,
hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Coordinate permitting with FEMA, DOT, IDEM, DNR, County and
- Work with Project Manager to identify impediments and develop /
implement solutions to overcome obstacles
- Serve as the technical Subject Matter Expert on drainage
design, site grading and ordinance compliance.
- Identify, address and resolve any issues impacting phase/task
goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction. Respond to scope
changes with revised budgets, assignments and scheduling
- Coach, mentor, direct, and delegate execution of quality
project deliverables among technical team members, including
coordination with Architectural, Structural, and MEP.
- Communicate issues affecting phase/task or project schedule,
budget or quality and escalate unresolved issues to the Project
Directors and/or Discipline Leader
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4-10 years Site/Civil Design experience
- Prior exposure to Commercial and/or Industrial development
sectors is ideal
- Proven experience with codes and regulations, interpreting
plans, designing storm water facilities, site grading and
permitting for land disturbance
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Autodesk Vehicle
Tracking and Storm and Sanitary Analysis software packages,
PondPack, and Microsoft Suite products
- Active Professional Engineer License is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and
Keywords: Woolpert, Charlotte , Site Civil Engineer, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!