Data Analytics Business Analyst
Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW)
innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by
designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the
heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The
company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating
and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems,
into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets.
SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with
operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150
If you combine a sharp analytical mindset with solid people skills
and the ability to think on your feet, this position offers you
some compelling opportunities. You will:
* Be a ground-floor member of our new Global Data Analytics and
Governance Team as we drive a data revolution across the
* Enjoy high visibility as you interact with top level executives
on a regular basis, and gain exposure to people in diverse
countries and cultures.
* Leverage the entrepreneurial energy as a key driver of this
initiative; your great ideas will be welcome.
* Grow your skills and experience as you learn new tools and
processes, and showcase your potential to take on additional
responsibilities, become a mentor, and/or pursue advancement as the
* Enjoy work/life balance, including a flexible schedule and a
half-day on Fridays, as well as a collaborative, fast-paced
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Global Data Analytics and Data Governance Team is responsible
for developing data analytics as a core competency and competitive
advantage at SPX FLOW, driving business value and streamlined
decision making for the enterprise through new innovative solutions
and standardized business-critical reporting. As Data Analytics /
Business Analyst, you will play a key role in data quality,
analytics reporting, and data analytics projects.
You'll work with contacts in a variety of areas, including product
management, commercial and sales teams, manufacturing operations,
HR, finance and others. In addition, our data warehouse is growing
rapidly, and you will help clean up data, create new dashboards and
enhance existing ones, and more. If you're coming from the
financial, healthcare or insurance industry, we think you will
enjoy working with tangible products.
We're looking for a professional who can think outside the box, and
is motivated to dig into the data and do research. You also should
be able to present the data in a way that tells the story and
More specifically, you will:
* Collaborate with internal business leaders to define problems and
provide data-driven solutions.
* Contribute to teamwide strategic data analytics and governance
* Automate daily tasks through scripts and other coding
* Build ETL packages to migrate data sources to database
* Create complex statistical models in R and Python to help solve
* Research and understand problems by interviewing internal
business users and creating user persona groups.
* Design, enhance, and maintain new and existing dashboards and
reports in Power BI.
* Assist the data governance team with reporting issues raised by
data stewards and other end users.
* Define and implement data quality and governance checks for new
reporting and data sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy.
* Advanced-level technical skills in:
* SQL, with the ability to build complex queries, views, tables,
* Excel, with the ability to used advanced functions and Visual
Basic scripts in Excel.
* VB Script/PowerShell, with the ability to create scripts to
automate tasks (ex: open Excel, run a macro, save file, and close
* Intermediate-level technical skills in:
* ETL (SSIS/SAP BODS), with the ability to extract, transform, and
load data to SQL tables.
* Programming (R/Python/SAS/MATLAB), with the ability to write
scripts to manipulate, cleanse, and format data, call APIs, build
statistical/data science models, etc.
* General understanding of statistical modeling and data science
(regression, clustering, decision tree).
* Visualization/automated reporting skills (Power BI, Tableau,
* The ability to articulate clearly, concisely, and professionally
in both written and verbal communications..
* Creativity and curiosity.
* The ability to multitask and learn independently in a fast-paced
* A drive for results.
* The ability to achieve goals independently and contribute as a
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Adaptability and flexibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering,
Information Systems, or another related field: an advanced degree
is a plus.
* 1 to 3 years of experience in a full-time data analytics/data
science team role (0 years acceptable with relevant internship
The physical demands described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our
* Think all customer, all the time.
* Embrace teamwork with no borders.
* Be obsessed with being the best.
* Own your actions.
* Ask the hard question.
* Do the right thing, always!
* Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX's business, and every
employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any
nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such
nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: SPX Flow, Charlotte , Data Analytics Business Analyst, Professions , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!