GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for developing
new and maintaining existing relationships in a sizeable portfolio
of commercial real estate loans. Oversees the review and
underwriting of credit requests and insuring appropriateness and
satisfaction level of existing services provided. Handles loans of
a more complex and/or substantial nature with focus on middle to
upper middle market relationships. Responsible for developing
revenue growth through generation of loans, deposits, cross-selling
all applicable bank services to existing customer base, and to
identify and solicit bank service to non-customers. Services
include real estate investments, income property, development,
construction loans, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Produces and maintains profitable commercial real estate loan
* Qualifies prospects and takes lead in the development of new
business opportunities from those prospects and existing customer
* Insure that relationships are managed to the highest profit
potential for the Bank, develop profitable new business, cross-sell
all applicable 5/3 products and services an existing portfolio, and
manage the sales process in a specific geographic area for
commercial real estate loans.
* Assists in the development of less experienced Commercial Real
Estate Relationship Managers.
* Develop intimate knowledge of all customers and
* Underwrite credit requests and approve real estate loans within
established lending limits or make recommendations on loans that
require higher approval authority.
o Monitor, on an ongoing basis, information concerning customer
performance, abilities, and industry to determine that loan is an
o Ensure proper reporting, documentation, and review to determine
that a loan is an acceptable risk.
o Identifies acceptable credit opportunities that have the
potential of leading to significant non-credit
* Keep abreast of trends, developments and current regulations in
the industry and in local markets.
* Calls on potential customers and attends to the needs of present
* Participate in various community affairs and projects to promote
the image of the Bank.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None