Company: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories - Engineering Services (SEL-ES)
is searching for an Designer Intern that can support project
strategy from implementation to the scope throughout the project.
In this unique opportunity, this intern will have the ability to
aide engineers with standardization and busy project support.
If you are in the Charlotte, NC area and looking to gain some
business management and electrical engineering experience, this is
the opportunity for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create detailed physical and electrical designs, bills of
materials, and job estimates under the technical supervision of an
- Prepare CAD or Microstation drawings and other project
- Provide low-level engineering support to engineers and other
support personnel within division.
- Complete assigned work within agreed upon schedule and budget
to a high level of quality.
- Construct relay equipment racks for testing purposes on
projects and assist with the testing.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student pursing a degree in EET, CAD, Drafting, or
relevant discipline near Charlotte, NC
- Ability to work part time during the school year and full time
during the summer
- Demonstrated competence in CADD drafting (AutoCAD and/or
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
Experience filing documentation
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a
reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This
has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and
industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and
geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of
resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication,
please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not
blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your
receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position
updates via e-mail.??
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe,
reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design,
manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services
for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering
of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL---s
core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company,
and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work,
state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In
addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and
inventors in the industry.We strive to exceed customer expectations
in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives,
operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement
goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of
continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to
work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career,
your search ends here!
Keywords: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Charlotte , Designer Intern, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!