Systems Engineer III - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: November 11, 2019
SYSTEMS ENGINEER III - SPECTRUM ENTERPRISE
Apply Now DATE POSTED 11/01/2019 Requisition Number: 248569BR
Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of
Interest: Network Engineering Position Type: Full Time At a
* Are you an experienced system engineer skilled at developing and
implementing operations support systems (OSS) applications*
* Can you commit to a technical position enhancing the quality of
the operations systems for a nationwide technology leader*
* Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a
focus on professional development*
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based
technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to
the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our
clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions
designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum portfolio
includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet
access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For
more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about designing, developing and implementing
high-quality OSS upgrades and enhancements. As a Systems Engineer
III, you are dedicated to system quality and client satisfaction.
You accelerate growth by efficiently programming multiple OSS
applications and their associated operating systems and databases.
You excel at the application administration of OSS software that
supports all the Spectrum Enterprise divisions.
Using industry-current engineering expertise, you successfully
guide the full lifecycle of systems engineering activities for
high-quality, scalable solutions. You focus on guiding projects
through the implementation of approved system architecture and
designs. You maximize the system through process improvement
recommendations. You thrive in an office environment and feel
comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external teams
across various application development projects. You report to the
Senior Manager of Network Engineering and Enterprise Engineering
for goals, guidance and assistance.
* Competitive Salary with Bonus
* Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
* 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
* Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional
* Education Assistance
* Pretax Child Care Spending Account
* Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
* Employee Discounts on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
* Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
efforts to enhance the client experience.
* Review existing integration capabilities, data sources and
proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
while coordinating with internal departments.
* Innovate systems solutions by conducting design sessions with
architects and engineers to create configuration designs for
implementation in various environments.
* Drive system engineering projects through the creation of
detailed design documents and functional specifications for new
applications, services and system enhancements.
* Release products and enhancements on time by drafting work effort
estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization.
* Mitigate system risks by developing core code modules, unit test
tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
* Boost efficiency through the review of new development tools,
application frameworks and testing tools for functionality and
* Ensure proper OSS application installation, administration,
configuration and maintenance to include the operating system and
* Improve client satisfaction by providing on-call support to
resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
* Minimize client impact during predetermined maintenance windows
by using established change management processes.
* Maximize the databases by working with administrators to
configure, tune and maintain them in a variety of languages.
* Easily refer to completed projects in the future by documenting
all systems configurations and upgrades.
* Maintain continuous operations by designing and implementing
change control policies and disaster recovery plans and leading the
troubleshooting efforts in the event of an outage.
* Reduce system issues by monitoring and managing applications,
device availability, network conditions, system reliability and
performance, program maintenance and storage resources.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter
Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to
providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to
qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered
for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and
are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age,
religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any
other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Keywords: Spectrum, Charlotte , Systems Engineer III - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!