Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - $5,000 Bonus
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Stationary EquipmentTechnician performs
repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy
equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive
operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to,
routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial
electrical systems, 480V balers, conveyor systems and
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic
software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment,
compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and
- Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears,
valves, and bearings, using mechanic's hand tools.
- Replaces conveyor belts, electrical motors, hydraulic cylinders
and other mechanical parts.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or
repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment
operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive
techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles,
documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work
order times versus time card times).
- Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil
usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services
Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on rolling stock
(forklift, skid steers, trailers and front loaders).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or
- PLC troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical,
mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working with conveyors.
- Valid driver?s license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair
or trade school certification.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Charlotte , Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - $5,000 Bonus, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!