Security Guard (7023)
Posted on: October 12, 2018
500 Dollar Sign-On Bonus** The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Special Police Officers (SPO). As a Special Police Officer, you will enforce the criminal laws of the State of North Carolina on properties owned, leased or occupied by G4S Secure Solutions (USA) clients. They have the same jurisdiction on client controlled property to investigate crimes, arrest for felonies, misdemeanors, city/county ordinance violations and to charge infractions.
**$500 bonus payable after 90 days of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings
SPO are responsible for the safety and security of the client and general public at large and are allowed to engage in \"continuous and immediate pursuit\" for crimes occurring on client properties. They are empowered to investigate crimes, make reports and conduct arrests for incidents within their jurisdiction.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols of designated areas
- Handle emergency calls for police, fire or Emergency Medical Services
- Understand and enforce rules and regulations as they pertain to the company or the client pursuant to post orders
- Investigate and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintains written logs as required by the assignment
- Provides assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Mediate conflict with tact and neutral diplomacy; interpret behavior and emotional patterns in individuals and groups, communicate facts and ideas clearly both orally or in writing
- Must possess basic knowledge of phone, radio and computer
- Handle any emergency calls for police, fire or Emergency Medical Services
- Ensure that tasks are completed on time; handle multiple demands for commitment of time, energy, and resources
- Detail-oriented skills, ability to quickly identify crimes and suspects through use of CCTV
- Clearly communicate facts and ideas both orally or in writing in English
- Warn or prosecute violators of rule infractions such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Controls ingress and egress of traffic at certain sitesEducation, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Currently possess or be able to obtain North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Division Law Enforcement Officer certification
- Possess a valid State issued drivers license Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Currently Certified (General or Probationary) as a North Carolina Law Enforcement Officer
- Possess a North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training Certificate (received less than 9 months ago)
- Graduate of a police academy other than North Carolina and have been a full time police officer for at least the last 2 years and have not been out of law enforcement for more than 6 months
- Prior Certified North Carolina Law Enforcement Officers who have not been out of Law Enforcement more than 2 .5 years Skills Required
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail Other
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Be able to sccessfully pass the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission firearms training program with a minimum score of at least 70%
- Be able to successfully pass the North Carolina Company Police test with a minimum score of at least 80%
- Be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to successfully complete all training required for the position
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Inside and outside Office. Some work in inclimate weather
Major activity: Patrolling, observing, working on computer and using telephone/radio. Majority of time spent walking and standing.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, maneuvering up to 50 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching.
Associated topics: canine detection, casino, guard, monitor, patrol, patrol officer, protect, security officer, unarmed, university
Keywords: G4S, Charlotte , Security Guard (7023), Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!