LCH CHIPS Nocturnist APP
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Atrium Health Levine Children's Hospital is looking for an
experienced Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join their dynamic
Pediatric Hospitalist team, referred to as the CHIPS team. The
acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant will assist
the team in providing care for children during their
hospitalization. The nocturnist APP is responsible forassisting
with admissions and providing cross-coverage to patients within the
hospital. This nocturnist position is part-time (32h/wk). The shift
is from 7p-7a and includes weekends and holidays.
- Obtains a comprehensive medical history at the time of
admission and updates history throughout admission, performs daily
physical examinations, and participates in daily rounding (family
centered rounds, iPASS).
- Provides accurate and complete documentation throughout the
hospital course, including, updating interval history, physical
exams, assessments, and plans.
- Cares for patients with acute illness, chronic illness, and
medically complex patients.
- Places orders for appropriate diagnostic evaluation and
medications; interprets findings and response to
- Determines discharge readiness, prescribes appropriate
medications at the time of discharge.
- Communicates and coordinates with case management, social work,
nursing staff, pediatric subspecialists, and other support
- Performs lumbar puncture.
- Works closely alongside other pediatric hospitalist attendings
- Collaborates with CHIPS APP fellows to provide educational
opportunities and enhance their medical
- Maintains knowledge of the patient population and remains up to
date on standard of care and best practice; practices
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the various ages, developmental
stages, cultures, and special needs of the pediatric
- Shows commitment to providing and promoting patient-centered
communication and care.
- Maintains infection control/safety standards.
- Follows division protocols and hospital policies.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and
support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical
equipment, and supplies.
Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms.
Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and
Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills,
and time management skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications
1-2 years of inpatient experience preferred; pediatric experience
preferred. APPs must be approved to practice as a nurse
practitioner or physician assistant in the state of North Carolina.
This includes prescriptive authority through the NC Board of
Nursing or NC Board of Medicine. APPs must be eligible for or have
a DEA license.
BLS, PALS, and NRP required with an expiration date greater than 90
days from APP start date. BLS and PALS required through American
Heart Association. NRP required through American Academy of
Pediatrics. The APP should demonstrate appropriate critical
thinking skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to
prioritize and concentrate.
NP: A Master's Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice is required,
in addition to, a license to practice as a Registered Nurse
required. The nurse practitioner should have certification in their
area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body.
ACNP, CPNP-AC, or PNP-AC board certification required based on
population served. FNP not eligible for this position.
PA: PA must graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program
with a master's degree or higher. The PA must maintain
certification with the National Commission on Certification of
Protected Health Information
- Limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the
information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work
- Access to verbal, written, and electronic PHI for this job has
been determined based on job level and job responsibility within
the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been
determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Any machines, tools, and equipment used in the specialty of
practice.List of machines, tools and equipment to be used will be
included in the practitioner's Collaborative Practice
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , LCH CHIPS Nocturnist APP, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!