Part-Time Patient Access Representative - National Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: November 17, 2023
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere
within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, -part of the Optum family of
businesses. We are transforming the health care system through
innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a
difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in
accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver
cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance
companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to
improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the
meaning behind: -Caring. Connecting. Growing together.------
The -Part Time Patient Access Representative -communicates
effectively with patients by accepting either inbound or outbound
calls to identify their needs. This may include reviewing protocols
and patient history; scheduling / rescheduling / confirming /
canceling appointments. This position builds strong communication
skills and standard knowledge of scheduling, including the ability
to navigate confidently through basic protocols.
This position is part-time (28 hours/week) Monday - Friday.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work 8 hours on
Monday and Tuesday then any of our 4 hour shift schedules during
our normal business hours of 8:00am - 6:00pm EST Wednesday,
Thursday and Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need,
to work occasional overtime.
We offer 4 weeks of training depending on previous knowledge. The
hours during training will be 9:00am to 5:00pm. Training will be
conducted virtually from your home. Training will be a full time
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy.
- Obtains current patient information for established and new
- Accurately enters and updates patient information in scheduling
- Identifies payer source and verifies insurance
- Reviews scheduling system for needed updated demographics and
- Provide messages or transfer the call to physicians and
- Protects/observes patient confidentiality per policies and
- Accurately imports registration documents into patients'
electronic health record
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ years of customer services experience within a contact
center OR healthcare environment
- Understanding of Microsoft operating systems
- Ability to train full time for the first four weeks between
09:00am - 05:00pm EST
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work 28 hours per week, including 8-hours on Monday
and Tuesday then any of our 4-hour shift schedules during our
normal business hours of 8:00am - 6:00pm EST for Wednesday,
Thursday, and Friday.
- 2+ years of customer service experience within a contact center
OR healthcare environment
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Medical OR medical scheduling knowledge
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is
separated from other living areas and provides information
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group
approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing
high-speed internet service.
- Detail - oriented personality
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide great
- Good interpersonal and active listening skills
- Detail oriented with good oral and written skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York,
Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for
California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New
Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $27.31 per
hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to
education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to
your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a
comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs,
equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are
subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you
begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching
choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location,
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Charlotte , Part-Time Patient Access Representative - National Remote, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!