Structural Designer - CHARLOTTE
Company: M3 Engineering & Technology
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Position Summary:--Candidate will use CAD software to create
full-scale, detailed designs of buildings and other structures for
commercial, heavy industrial and institutional projects.Basic
- Assist in the design and development of commercial, heavy
industrial and institutional structural plans and drawings using
- Assist in the research, plan and design of building projects
for clients under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Address redline comments and coordination items as directed by
a senior engineer.
- Apply knowledge of design, construction procedures, and
building codes and building materials to design and production
- Prepare construction documentation with regard to design,
material specification, and detailing.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple structural computations,
material quantity estimates, and designs.
- Support structural projects by preparing routine layouts,
detailing drawings, sketches and diagrams, details shall depict all
views and dimensions necessary.
- Coordinate structural framing dimensions with architectural
- Coordinate revisions to structural plans or elevations with
details and vice versa.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed for project
coordination and confirmation of structural design.
- An associate's degree in drafting is required.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of Autodesk Revit. Revit will be the
primary software utilized in this position.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office Suite is
- Knowledge of commercial and heavy industrial
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a project team and maintain a project
schedule, be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have exceptional
- Must be able to interact with clients and co-workers in a
professional and respectful manner.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, sharing roles and
responsibilities, with limited supervision.
- Valid passport or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary design and construction
- Strong Revit expertise.
Keywords: M3 Engineering & Technology, Charlotte , Structural Designer - CHARLOTTE, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!