Patient Accounts Coordinator
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Patient Accounts Coordinator (PAC) works under the immediate
supervision of supervisors/ managers in Patient Financial Services
(PFS) performing tasks of moderate to difficult complexity relating
to hospital or physician accounts. PAC is responsible for data
analysis and interpretation throughout all functions of PFS,
analysis of aged accounts including remittances to determine
reasons for denials, non-payment and overpayment, post/ balance/
correct electronic remittances, billing and follow-up of government
payers and specialized accounts, analysis/ correction of correct
coding guidelines, preparation of accounts for appeal, review/
analysis of insurance credit balances and analysis/ movement of
unapplied, unidentified, undistributed balances. Moderate to
difficult levels of evaluation, analysis, decision making required
in these roles.
- Completes claims and documents billing activity according to
governmental regulations, agency policies and department
- Reviews trends specific to denials, root cause, and A/R
- Reviews insurance credit balances to determine root cause,
takes necessary action to resolve account.
- Contacts payer and makes inquiries on account status.
- Processes and researches electronic remittances and bank
- Works with Specialty Payers and other facilities to ensure
compliance and payment. Transfers charges between Patient and
Facility accounts as required.
- Escalates problem accounts as needed and leads appeal
- Receives, review and takes actions for all communications
within the business office.
Physical RequirementsRequires sitting for long periods of time.
Requires bending and may need to lift-up to 10 pounds
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. One-year experience in related
financial services or healthcare business office required. College
(bachelor's or associate) degree preferred. Requires the ability to
communicate effectively in verbal and written formats. Proficiency
in Word, Excel and Outlook preferred. Prior healthcare computer
system and specifically Epic billing experience preferred.
Keywords: Atrium Health, Charlotte , Patient Accounts Coordinator, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!