Company: Capleo Global
Posted on: May 27, 2023
- The Cytogenetics Technologist performs at a comprehensive level
all phases of sample set up, harvesting, slide preparation and
staining, microscopic analysis, photography, karyotyping and
performs FISH analysis.
- Works independently under the general supervision of the
Cytogenetics Laboratory Director, Group Leader and Team
- Essential Functions Assures integrity of the specimens during
all phases of specimen processing.
- Performs a variety of culturing procedures including;
establishing blood, bone marrow, and biopsy cultures; monitoring
growth levels, making decisions regarding feeding, subculturing,
- Performs various slide preparations and staining techniques
(standard Geisma,, Q-, R-, C- banding and NOR staining) Performs
detailed microscopic analysis.
- Assumes responsibility for ruling out chromosomal
- Makes decisions regarding optimal cells for documentation.
- Capable of operating automated karyotyping equipment.
- Performs FISH processing and analysis.
- Responsible for quality record keeping, maintenance of stock
supply levels, orienting new personnel in lab, instituting new
procedures, and continuing education programs.
- May apply cryogenic technology in specimen storage.
- Coordinates specific functions with laboratory personnel in
accordance with job description.
- Responsible for quality control of culture apparatus which
includes; monitoring CO2 levels in incubators, monitoring CO2
supply, periodic disinfection of incubators, periodic maintenance
of hoods, and monitoring of liquid N2 levels.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of research and development
within the cytogenetics field Able to use a microscope.
- Performs validation studies for new test development as
required and participates in compilation of validation data.
- Reports to supervisory personnel any problems that might
adversely affect patient care.
Utilizes effective LIS and equipment data management skills.
- 2 years of cytogenetics analysis required, 5 years of
cytogenetic analysis preferred. Failure to maintain certification
will result in termination.
Keywords: Capleo Global, Charlotte , Cytology Technologist, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...