Company: Talent Software Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a CT
Technologist for a Direct Placement in Charlotte, NC. Opportunity
will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term
- The CT Technologist I perform procedures in accordance with
departmental protocols and standards.
- Operates CT Scanners and associated equipment with a high level
of proficiency. This equipment includes scanner, post processing
stations/programs, IV contrast injectors, O2 and suction equipment,
patient transport and patient monitoring equipment.
- Essential Functions Examines requests and verifies orders on
each assigned patient.
- Refers and questions orders to the Radiologist before
- Contacts ordering provider when there are
- Properly identify (Using two patient identifiers) and assist
patients while offering a brief explanation of the
- Prepares patients for the procedure with a full explanation and
documents on appropriate worksheets.
- Interviews patients for a complete medical history.
- Reviews in-patients, ER, and outpatients EMR's to obtain
pertinent clinical history.
- Records medical history on requisitions.
- Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam
- Assumes responsibility for the exam from beginning of exam
until completion of dictated results.
- Prepares and administers IV contrast according to departmental
- On request, records contrast type and amount.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a
Radiologist if needed.
- Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional,
reconstructed images, and/or measurements as instructed.
- Informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the
patient's condition. Initiates life support measures for patients
- Assists in "code blue procedures during medical
- Performs CT scanning and assists Radiologist/PA during invasive
- Practices proper sterile technique in the preparation of
- Performs all invasive procedures in accordance with bloodborne
pathogens, isolation, and infection control policies and
- Is authorized to obtain medication or contrast material as
directed for administration by a licensed practitioner.
- Practices principle of radiation safety for self, employees,
patients and family members.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the department
director/manager/supervisor and clinical engineering/radiology
- Operates radiology computer system to include entering orders
and charging procedures/supplies.
- Documents contrast administration in the MAR.
- Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly
- Assists other medical personnel, such as anesthesia, when
performing exams or services in conjunction with a CT scan.
- ARRT certification in Radiology, or NMTCB for Nuclear Medicine
and advanced registry from the ARRT in CT scanning within one year
of hire required in addition to current CPR certification
- Graduate of an accredited two (2) year AMA and ARRT approved
program in Radiologic Technology required.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience in Diagnostic Radiology or
1 year experience in CT scanning or equivalent applicable
- ARRT Certification and CPR certification required.
- IV and contrast administration certification required before
performing venous contrast administration.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to
receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to talented people since 1987,
we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to
hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!
Keywords: Talent Software Services, Inc., Charlotte , CT Technologist, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...