Member Service Representative
Company: Truliant Federal Credit Union
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Purpose of the Job
The Member Service Representative I is responsible for serving
Truliant member-owners by accurately and efficiently performing
financial transactions while providing every member-owner with an
exceptional service experience. The Member Service Representative I
works in a fast-paced and upbeat team environment that requires
multitasking. The employee must engage in conversations with
member-owners in order to identify, understand, and communicate
ways that Truliant might help improve their financial lives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently processes transactions for members
to help them manage their finances. Resolves discrepancies within
allotted time as required.
- Creates an environment where members feel welcome and rapport
can be established.
- Ensures consistent adherence to Credit Union member service
standards throughout every member-owner interaction, including
basic problem resolution.
- Engages members in conversation to learn about their most
important financial needs and goals.
- Educates members on the various products and services available
to meet their financial goals or refers them to the appropriate
- Proactively assists member by finding ways to make financial
services more convenient for them. This includes educating members
on the various technological tools available to them to improve
their banking experience.
- Utilizes member relationship tools to record interactions.
- Understands and individually contributes to the execution of
the MFC's service and sales goals.
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality when handling members'
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls and established
policies and procedures. Follows all security and fraud prevention
requirements in order to protect the Credit Union and members.
- Researches and resolves minor account issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to changing business needs
- Appropriately uses cash machines, to include ATM and cash
- Performs specialized tasks such as cash advances, official
checks, foreign drafts, etc.
- Makes outbound service calls to member-owners
- Utilizes systems to set appointments for members and to log-in
members for service. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Must have sound understanding of standard concepts, practices,
procedures, regulations and compliance within the financial
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both
verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Must have good arithmetic skills
- Must have advanced personal computer skills
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within
the Credit Union
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal
- Must have ability to work well under pressure in a goal
- Must possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service
to Truliant's members Physical Requirements
- Frequent standing, walking, and bending required
- Must be able to sit for occasional periods of time and use a
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds Education and Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 1 year related experience in the retail industry
or financial services preferred
Keywords: Truliant Federal Credit Union, Charlotte , Member Service Representative, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...