Dean - College Now
Company: Gaston College
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position:Dean -
College Now ($69,066 Annually) - The Dean of College Now is
responsible for building strong partnerships with local education
agencies, private schools, and other educational entities in Gaston
and Lincoln counties. The Dean provides leadership in the areas of
middle and elementary schools, along with recruitment, admissions,
registration, and graduation/completion for high school students to
create and sustain a diverse and inclusive community of learners.
-The Dean plans, manages, coordinates, and supervises the
operations and activities of the College Now department; ensures
that high professional standards and effective curriculum are
maintained within the dual enrollment program; and ensures that
dual enrollment policies and procedures are developed and
administered in compliance with college, state, and other
regulations. Provides leadership and is responsible for the
administration, assessment, and growth of the College Now program.
In collaboration with other areas of the College and local high
schools, develops, implements, and maintains the College's dual
enrollment program. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Supervise, evaluate, and continually improve recruitment
activities of dual enrollment students; supervise, manage, evaluate
and ensure compliance of all aspects of the College Now
enrollment/admissions process; interpret and articulate policies
and procedures to ensure smooth enrollment for dual enrollment
students entering the College.
- Develop and implement enrollment and retention goals and
objectives for the College Now program in collaboration with
academic departments that support the mission of the College.
Gather facts and opinions from internal and external sources as a
basis for planning; develop long- and short-range goals for the
fulfillment of the institution's dual enrollment and retention
goals; monitor and evaluate progress toward meeting goals. -
- Manage fiscal, operational, and human resources, including
faculty and staff needs, equipment and materials selection,
facilities utilization, and operational expenses. Coordinate the
assessment and analysis of budget needs; revise the budget as
necessary and monitor expenditures. Review and coordinate the use
of instructional resources (faculty, staff, equipment, and space).
- Implement recruitment and awareness activities to promote
College Now, which include visits to area schools, events for
guidance counselors and principals, programs for prospective
College Now students, curriculum fairs, and awareness campaigns
targeting parents and students. -
- Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with divisional
and department faculty and staff of the College to carry out their
divisional high school programming plans and College goals. -
- Collaborate with Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), academic
divisions, and Curriculum Committee to develop, plan, implement,
and administer high school programs and the curriculum courses
- Collect and maintain data related to the College Now program
through reports, surveys, and focus groups to determine the
effectiveness of the program, summarizing and making known the
results to the Vice President of Educational Partnerships. -
- Work in cooperation with Marketing to develop the dual
enrollment marketing plan(s). -
- Organize and generate applicable Memorandums of
Agreement/Understanding, instructional contracts, and other
documents related to the implementation of high school programs and
off-campus curriculum offerings.
- Supervise assigned personnel, which includes work allocation,
training, and problem resolution; conduct performance appraisals,
and manage performance through coaching and accountability; make
recommendations for professional growth and development, and
propose personnel actions up to and including recommendations for
- Plan and implement strategies to assist faculty in dealing with
dual enrollment student needs.
- Provide leadership, management, and supervision to assigned
areas of responsibility; plan, implement, and evaluate goals and
objectives as well as policies and procedures related to the
assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide administrative assistance to executive management on
matters related to areas of responsibility; prepare and present
reports and recommendations as requested. Prepare reports relative
to individual and departmental productivity level, institutional
effectiveness, and accreditation standards. -
- Review and process requests for equipment repair, travel,
supply purchases, and reimbursements.
- Actively participate in the hiring and selection of full- and
part-time positions in the areas of responsibility and ensure that
all applicable credentialing requirements are met; provide
orientation of new faculty and staff.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of the
College, NC Community College System, NC Department of Public
Instruction, and applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain and correctly manage confidential information in
accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the
College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's
responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other
established guidelines. -Adhere to professional accountability and
accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues,
contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of
team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to
customers by establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. MINIMUM EDUCATION
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Coursework or training in administration, management, or
supervision preferred. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS: -
- Two -years' experience in college admissions, advising,
recruitment, retention, or related activities required.
- Experience in an administrative -leadership position or
comparable evidence of leadership and supervisory responsibilities
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships within the College, with high schools, and within the
community, ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner,
and skill in presenting ideas and concepts verbally and in writing
- Background in K-12 and/or college advising preferred.
Keywords: Gaston College, Charlotte , Dean - College Now, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!