Industry Services - Welder
Company: Hajoca Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of
a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The
company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental
business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit,
expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion
to Hajoca's proven business principles of "Service, Integrity,
Welders are generally responsible for assembling pieces of metal
together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy
machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape.
* Perform all job functions in accordance with the company's Safety
* Inform immediate supervisor of stock depletions, count
discrepancies, or damaged/defective/non-saleable merchandise that
could impact customer service levels.
* Ensure security and controls are in place and upheld to protect
Profit Center assets.
* Maintain fabrication shop cleanliness, order and safety. Remove
empty cartons, metal bands, pallets and other debris. Inform
immediate supervisor of safety issues.
* Assist co-workers in servicing customers.
* Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate
supervisor and other management as required.
* Sourcing the materials to be used in the project.
* Measuring and cutting materials to specifications.
* Welding materials using the correct materials to join the metals
* Checking finished work to make sure that it falls within the
tolerances marked on the blueprints.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
* Able to quickly develop comprehensive knowledge of products sold
at the Profit Center.
* Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with
customers, vendors and coworkers.
* Know of, be able to apply and practice safety precautions in a
warehouse and material
* handling environment.
* Able to learn to safely operate an automatic welder, large
threading machines, pipe
* grooving machine, plasma cutter, automatic pipe cutters, and
other material handling
* equipment in use at the Profit Center.
* Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable
software system (Eclipse,
* Mincron) used for warehouse-related operations.
* Read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Education, Training, Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1 year welding experience
* Knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center preferred
The benefits of working with us
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized
environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is
run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small
business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in
your personal and professional growth through targeted training
programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing
opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
* Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
* 401 (k) and retirement cash account
* Life insurance
* Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal,
state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the
basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity,
equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment
practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
including, but not limited to, during the application process.
Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due
to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a
background investigation subject to any federal, state and local
* Pay Type Hourly
* Charlotte, NC, USA
* Gastonia, NC, USA
* Hickory, NC, USA
* Statesville, NC, USA
Keywords: Hajoca Corporation, Charlotte , Industry Services - Welder, Other , Statesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!