Inside Sales Representative - Charlotte, NC
Company: RICHARDS BUILDING SUPPLY
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a member of our inside sales team, you will be promoting and
generating sales of building material supplies (roofing, siding,
windows, etc) from our distribution center Charlotte, NC while
providing superior customer service.
Exterior Building Materials Knowledge Preferred. Inside sales
experience and the ability to multi-task are required. This is a
customer service focused position that involves a lot of data
Cultivate "Raving Fan" customer experiences with a best in class
image under general supervision reporting to the Branch Manager.
The Inside Sales representative will work in a fast paced, high
volume environment and is responsible for assisting customers
through qualifying their product and/or service needs while
- Answers customer inquiries via phone and walk in business,
concerning price, qualifying product needs and partnering with
vendors for support.
- Communicates with outside sales representatives on customer
orders, requirements, problems or concerns and changes.
- Initiates product transfers to other branches or direct to
- Generate, place and confirm purchase orders with
- Operates cash register. Enters sales data into the computer and
researches information for customers using the computer
- Accurately completes all required paperwork (e.g., coding,
costing, pricing, daily cash summary, bank deposits, etc.) on a
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters
sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and
adhering to all administrative and accounting related
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as
it becomes available.
- Keeps product knowledge current to evolving manufacturing
Inside Sales Duties:
- Develop meaningful customer relationships to encourage loyalty
and grow sales in additional categories.
- Follow up on cold and warm leads to further the sales
- Make outgoing calls to educate our customers on current
- Understand and demonstrate the product or service to the
- Set and meet sales goals and objectives set by leadership
- Improve sales skills to increase sales success rates
- Documents sales, quotes or other business requested
- Participate in proactive team efforts in assigned company
branch and affiliate branches to achieve departmental and company
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human
- Participate in the physical inventory of the warehouse
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
knowledge and skills.
- Facilitate quality assurance system through "We need Your
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Proficient personal computer skills including; keyboarding, 10
Key, Email, record keeping, routine database activity, word
processing, spreadsheet, graphics etc.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years in a customer facing role
- *Construction industry knowledge is a plus but willing to
- *Spanish speaking is a nice to have.
- Travel overnight up to 10%.
- 20 PAID DAYS OFF (includes PTO, Holidays and Family Focused
Company Closure between Christmas and New Years).
- Bonus Incentive program as well as Holiday bonuses and other
- Competitive Hourly Rate with great OT potential during peak
- Flexible work/life balanced hours, home every night and typical
schedule Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Significant employer contributions towards monthly premiums for
Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life and AD & D benefit plans.
- Additional Voluntary benefit options available including Short
Term and Long Term Disability coverage, Accidental Injury, Critical
Illness and Cancer plans as well as additional Life and AD& D
- 401K program with a best in industry company match.
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Family owned, operated and focused company!
Ref #ZR Charlotte
Richards Building Supply is a wholesale building material
distributor serving 12 states with over 60 locations! As a family
owned, operated and focused company, Richards Building Supply has
spent the last 40 years building a thriving and profitable
organization, as well as invaluable business relationships.
Richards stocks a comprehensive line of products such as
residential and commercial roofing, siding, windows, decking,
soffit, doors, molding, rainware, cabinets, and more!
Learn more about us here :
Richards Building Supply believes in hiring military veterans at
any level for any position. We know your service trained you in
many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork,
performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our
requirements, we want you to apply today.
It's more than a job, it is your Career! Submit your resume today
to join our exciting and growing family. Associated topics:
business, inside sales, inside sales representative, outbound,
phone, sales, sales representative, telemarketer, telephone,
Keywords: RICHARDS BUILDING SUPPLY, Charlotte , Inside Sales Representative - Charlotte, NC, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!