Company: The Michaels Organization
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much
more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed
properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call
home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.*
Assists Project Superintendent with the daily supervision and
direction to support construction activities of the General
Contractor. Provide supervision and direction to subcontractors,
material providers and vendors to maintain project schedule.
Provide daily safety inspections and implement controls to insure a
safe project site and pedestrian safety.
* Assist the Project Superintendent with oversight and supervision
of field activities and duties including, but not limited to, the
* Provides direct supervision and coordination with subcontractors
to maintain project schedule.
* Provide input to project schedule and updates the same.
* Generate two week look ahead activity schedule. Orchestrate
subcontractor coordination meetings.
* Participate in owner and any necessary project meetings as
* Provides support to general operation of the project to maintain
a safe work environment for all workers.
* Responsible to generate daily logs, create requests for
information, documentation of construction activities, daily
progress photos, tracking permit expirations and required
inspections, update as built drawings, maintains site plans and
* Work closely with project team to ensure project is supported to
be successful, on time and within budget.
* Meet turnover and delivery schedules.
*Required Experience: *
* Must have over 3-5 years' experience as an assistant
superintendent on similar projects.
* Wood frame experience desired
* Podium experience desired.
* New construction experience required.
* Renovation experience required.
* General Contractor / CM experience a must.
* Generate master and look ahead schedules.
* Able to coordinate work between various trade disciplines.
*Required Education/Training: *
* Degree in construction management or field related degree
* OSHA 10 and/or 30 hour training preferred.
*Required Skills and Abilities: *
* Able to read and interpret Architectural and Engineered drawings,
specifications and technical documents.
* Must be computer literate / proficiency in Procore or other
project management software.
* Must be able to generate schedules using Microsoft Project or
other scheduling software.
* Ability to communicate in English between field and upper
management both written and verbal.
* Must be able to define and interpret relations between task,
source documents and deadlines.
* Must be able to lead and supervise others to achieve project
targets and goals.
*Working Conditions: *
* Must be able to traverse an active construction site. Must be
able to work in team and individual settings. Ability to use a
computer and model devices. Usually working on an active
construction site with exposure to all conditions typically present
on a construction site. Periodical travel may be requested.
Location: 218 Valek Rd, Ennis, TX 75119
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Michaels Organization, Charlotte , Assistant Superintendent, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!