IT Security, Hiring Immediately
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Responsible for engineering activities that monitor, detect and
alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the
company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware,
software and electrical systems. Works closely with network
engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and
vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to
contain and mitigate the threat to Charter's network. Coordinates
the incident response process for network security operations and
communicates event status to leadership.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and respond to
- Monitors and communicates threat intelligence from various
resources that is relevant to Charter's networks and systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of security counter-measures
with the appropriate organizations.
- Performs vulnerability and configuration management scans and
communicates results to system owners for remediation.
- Participates in the response to cyber incidents by gathering
data and artifacts relevant to the event.
- Provides production support to security systems and tools used
by Network Security Operations.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and
- Demonstrated understanding of what is required to prevent
security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and
how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Basic knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to
investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified
- Demonstrated the ability to work across functional boundaries,
build consensus and drive results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and should
have good presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, balance competing priorities and
manage through complexity and rapid changeRequired Education
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or
related field or equivalent experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- IT/network - 2-3
- Information security - 2-3
- Information security operations - 1-2
- Demonstrated experience in managing information security events
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Current security certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, and SANS
GIAC. Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, and router
- Botnet and Denial of Service detection and remediation
- Ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Office Environment
- 24x7 Network operations support
- May require some weekends and evening shift work
- Minimal Travel RequiredEOE
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Charlotte , IT Security, Hiring Immediately, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!