Senior UX Designer, Design Systems
Company: The Vanguard Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Senior UX Designer, Design SystemsOur mission starts with you!
On the Vanguard Experience Team (Constellation Design System),
you'll provide input on every aspect of UX, from research and
concepting, to design and creating specs for hand-off. It requires
a precise eye for detail, creativity, compassion, and
problem-solving abilities. You'll need excellent interpersonal
skills and the ability to achieve agreement with partners and
stakeholders. Your impact will reach far beyond our team to set new
standards for the digital manifestation of the Vanguard brand.In
this role you will...
- Advocate for the design system with product teams and across
- Help develop and promote best practices for the design system
- Work with Engineering, Content Strategy, User Research and
- Drive alignment across teams by being an advocate and partner
for the design system.
- Design and define interaction patterns through components,
documentation, and prototypes.
- Partner with the UX research and other product teams supporting
the user testing of design system components.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from clients.
- Present designs at design critiques and update as needed.
- Collaborate with UX strategist to realize the vision.
- Work closely with design system developers to ensure components
and designs are implemented to spec; QA visual designs.
- Accommodate accessibility needs through reviews with the
- Conduct competitive and comparative analysis; outside-in
- Leverage the research insights to form a design solution.
- Collaborate with the other designers across labs and families
to ensure coherency of design patterns.
- Train and mentor junior staff in best practices of user
experience design. Provides guidance, training, and
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.A design experience that deliversThe Retail Client
Experience and Digital strategic priority aims to provide Vanguard
clients with a best-in-class experience that reflects intelligent,
purposeful design. We take a client-centric approach by orienting
around journeys; a client's end-to-end experience when performing a
certain task; while demonstrating human-centered design and rapid
experimentation to create digital experiences that exceed
expectations.What it takes...
- You have experience designing with a systematic approach for
consumer-facing digital products.
- 8+ years of product design experience focusing on user
experience and visual design.
- You are thoughtful about accessibility and inclusive design.
Proficient in Figma; Competent in Sketch. Abstract is a plus.
- Vanguard Experience Team is made up of people of diverse
backgrounds, and we do not require any specific degree to be
considered.Specializations that'll make an impact:
- Experience contributing to design systems libraries, from
building adoption to guiding contribution and maintaining component
- Experience collaborating with engineering partners
- Submitting a cover letter with your application that includes
your portfolio link. Special Factors: This role is part of our
hybrid work model with Tuesdays - Thursdays in our offices to
foster collaboration and relationships. On Mondays and Fridays, our
crew will have the option to work remotely, or continue working
from one of our offices in Malvern PA, Charlotte NC, Scottsdale AZ
or Dallas TX.Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this
position.About VanguardWe are Vanguard. Together, we're changing
the way the world invests.For us, investing doesn't just end in
value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage,
when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you
can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's
how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the
right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.We want to make
success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make
it count.Inclusion StatementVanguard's continued commitment to
diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every
decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally
employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by
one simple statement: "Do the right thing."We believe that a
critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse,
inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as
unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute
their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose
through our values.When all crew members feel valued and included,
our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are
united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.Our core purpose:
To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to
give them the best chance for investment success.Future of
WorkDuring the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model
for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire,
and on-board future crew remotely.As we have developed the path
forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes
the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming
together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that
in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving
our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of
our crew.When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our
hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the
Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in
the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).The
working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you
in the interview process - please do ask if you are unsure. We
encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and
offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test
and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to
evaluate working models along the way.
Keywords: The Vanguard Group, Charlotte , Senior UX Designer, Design Systems, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!