Posted on: September 24, 2022
This position is responsible for managing subordinates and is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation
of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees under your management; planning, assigning and
directing work; and addressing complaints and resolving issues
Elmington is comprised of multiple locations and lines of business
that are operated as their own living, breathing corporation. They
have income and expenses, debt and a bottom line - all of which we
will look to you to help optimize through your role. Along with
this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. We are
asking you to be an integral part of a multi-million dollar
company. At Elmington, you will be pushed to F orget T he O rdinary
& T hink L ike an O wner. Every day. To be an effective Elmington
teammate, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be confident
- Be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for everyone you support
- Communication Skills Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret
contract documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, and/or
employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability Use of basic reasoning, thinking "on your
feet", and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no
direction from a superior.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 30 Hour preferred.
If not current, to receive within the first year of employment and
- Other Skills and Abilities Knowledge of all facets of ground up
Commercial Construction/New Renovation. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises authority for planning,
organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing assigned
- Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of
buildings or other construction projects by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Provide logistics input and solutions for working in an urban
- Understanding and managing a hook time for a tower and crawler
cranes for deliveries and construction activities.
- Manage logistics to facilitate jobsite deliveries and
- Provide jobsite leadership and direction on all scopes of
- Understand Project flow and coordination from reading plans and
specification and provide direction from this understanding to all
job site personell.
- Manage all jobsite field management personnel to effectively
perform their job requirements.
- Establish profit/time objectives for Project Executive
- Maintain client and designer relations.
- Plan and set up an efficient jobsite layout.
- Plan and establish the flow of the work activities on the
- Coordinate all field activities.
- Direct or aid in the development of an overall project
- Implement and lead interim scheduling meetings and address job
problems arising from the meetings.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, take measures to
assure the project is progressing in accordance with the overall
project schedule and contract time requirements.
- If required, arrange for and schedule inspections by government
officials and consultants.
- Manage all field operations of subcontractors to effectively
install their portion of the work.
- Maintain a working relationship with project
- Ascertain and assure the quality of the work is in accordance
with plans and specifications.
- Maintain a clean, orderly jobsite.
- If required, prequalify and hire all field labor.
- Manage all field labor to accomplish designated tasks.
- Review and evaluate all subcontracts and vendor purchase orders
prepared by the Project Manager.
- If required, review cost reports and projections and take
action to effectively manage job costs to levels within the
- Enforce jobsite safety to comply with all OSHA regulations and
project Safety Program.
- Maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and
- Implement and maintain quality control and life safety checkout
procedures. SPECIFIC EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Civil
Engineering is preferred, but can be substituted with
- Minimum of ten years related construction experience and/or
- Commercial Construction experience preferred. BENEFITS:
- 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year and
a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long term & short term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participate in Elmington's way of giving
back by serving our communities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to around 24,000
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you! Are you ready
to FTO? Lastly, we're creating a different kind of company at
Elmington. We promise we will never be ordinary (hopefully
evidenced by this job description). There will be many days you
simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more
than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your
coach and peers to achieve more and to find a better ways. With
that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you
believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge, and appreciate working with
exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last
company you ever work for. The company will recruit, hire, train,
promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as
work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance
with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin,
protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability
of any individual who is otherwise qualified.
Keywords: Elmington, Charlotte , Superintendent, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!