Photojournalist - Spectrum News Charlotte
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and
driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering,
producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a
24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage
viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local
communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news
and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter
Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most
essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and
thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network
which requires employees who are flexible and available to work
various shift, including early morning, late evenings,
weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means --- You're ready to inspire and be
inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven
to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're
fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills
and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local
communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an
ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive
attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to
multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under
What we're looking for: The Photojournalist will shoot and edit
video on deadline and operate ENG/SNG/Satellite newsgathering
equipment. Coordinate with other staff to determine shoot
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Shoot and edit still and video for web and broadcast on
- Work with reporters, assignment desk editors, and production
staff and independently in the newsgathering process.
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company vehicle and
- Work with video newsgathering equipment such as lighting,
lenses, and tripods.
- Provide guidance on capabilities and means to optimize video
- Analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and
background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect,
with attention to lighting, background composition and style.
- Choose and utilize a wide variety of video newsgathering
equipment, including lenses, lightings, filters, etc.
- Use video editing software to modify and create images meeting
defined style requirements; edit and enhance images; apply special
effects and color correction as needed.
- Conduct site surveys for live presentations when
- Responsible for representing the station in a professional
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- News video editing skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work
under time pressure deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and able to
relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive
approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with bonded cellular live streaming technology
and Operate ENG/SNG/Satellite vehicles under company guidelines and
within proper safety parameters
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license for
authorized driving in the State of residence Education &
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field or comparable
television work experience preferred
- 5+ years of shooting and editing television news footage
- Microwave truck experience a must; DSNG experience helpful Our
Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We
expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to
feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!
Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail
phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or
other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and
power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe
weather, and schedule conflicts NPH110 307500 307500BR
Keywords: Spectrum, Charlotte , Photojournalist - Spectrum News Charlotte, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!