Certified Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA/CCMA/NCMA/CNA)
Company: Piedmont HealthCare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Piedmont HealthCare locations include: Statesville, Troutman,
Mooresville, Taylorsville, Hickory, Huntersville, and Charlotte.
Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical,
environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment
scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients
so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services.
Conveys a positive image of clinic. May be assigned to specific
medical specialty (e.g., cardiology) to help with patient care
related to that specialty. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may
include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow;
accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as
needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens,
preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing
screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses
with various procedures; injections; charting (to include patient
vital signs and weight); relaying instructions to patients/families
and pharmacies; answering calls and providing pertinent
information. Phlebotomy as assigned by the office.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may
include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining
lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.;
completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments;
verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing
documents and ensuring information is completed and filed
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may
include: setting up instruments and equipment according to
department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and
equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control;
cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and
keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies;
restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organization responsibilities as assigned which may
include: respecting/promoting patient rights; responding
appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to
patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Maintains OSHA/HIPPA Compliance as assigned to include:
updating manuals; first responder for employees with
- Other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, some college preferred. Completed
accredited MOA program, including externship. EXPERIENCE: Minimum
of one-year work experience in public contact job, preferably
service related. Experience in health care or a practice setting.
REQUIREMENTS: Maintain Certified Medical Assistant status thru
American Association of Medical Assistants, certification as
Registered Medical Assistant with American Medical Technologists,
CCMA through National HealthCareer Association, NCMA through
National Center for Competency Testing or CDT through Association
of Certified Dermatology Techs. Maintain CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of health care field and medical specialty.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and
- Skill in performing tasks appropriately.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding of patient education needs by
effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with
others. ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of medical
office and exam/procedure room settings. Well-lighted, well
ventilated. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions
common to clinic setting. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Must be able to
use appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary
patient transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. PI191240078
Keywords: Piedmont HealthCare, Charlotte , Certified Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA/CCMA/NCMA/CNA), Other , Statesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!