Company: US Tech Solutions
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Environmental Specialist SMELocation: Charlotte, NC
28202Duration: 36 Months Job Description:
- Responsible for evaluating, preparing, and submitting federal,
state, and local environmental permits for Transmission capital
project work concerning regulated electric transmission substations
and lines. Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for providing functional direction in preparing
environmental permit submittals for all federal, state, and local
regulatory agencies, and compliance assurance support related to
Transmission capital project work. Serve on project teams to
provide expertise on permitting design and overall permitting
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of environmental regulations
and compliance requirements and working knowledge of their impact
to Transmission projects.
- Provide support to the Transmission Construction team so
ongoing Transmission capital projects remain in compliance with
federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Works independently to determines and develop approaches to
solutions. Serves as a transmission environmental permitting expert
for capital transmission projects and provides specialized
technical design expertise and judgment to resolve complex
permitting issues. Maintain project schedules and accountability
for meeting specified schedules for permitting tasks.
- Track project schedules and task in Team Member. Develop
processes and maintain appropriate permit records as needed.
Overnight travel (25%) occasionally required. Fieldwork requires
ability to navigate and work in all weather conditions and uneven
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, sciences or other related
field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of applicable experience.
- Proficient in obtaining and federal environmental permits
within the state of Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.Preferred
- Experience obtaining regulatory approvals from within multiple
regulatory jurisdictions or agencies in the state of Indiana, Ohio
and Kentucky (i.e. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S Fish and
Wildlife Service, State Historic Preservation Office, Indiana DEM,
Ohio EPA and Kentucky E&EC).
- Ten years of experience supporting and managing electric
utility, land-development projects and/or linear construction
- Excellent negotiating skills with regulators and the public
regarding the environmental permitting of land development
- Demonstrate ability to successfully influence outcome with a
high level of collaboration within a project team setting.
- Professional certification/ license (i.e. CPESC, QEP, PWS,
- Bachelor's degree in biology, wildlife biology, ecology, or
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, ArcGIS, Ability to
readThanks and Regards,Talla Sainath425 559
Keywords: US Tech Solutions, Charlotte , Environmental Specialist, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!