Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated engineer skilled at
developing and implementing operations support systems (OSS)
- Can you commit to a critical position guiding company success
through the maintenance of OSS applications while developing new
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As an experienced Systems Engineer, you focus on exceeding client
expectations through continuous dedication to system quality. You
enhance the client experience by developing and implementing
enterprise-wide operations support systems (OSS) applications and
their associated operating systems and databases. You are
passionate about the accurate administration of OSS applications
across several divisions. Using industry-current expertise, you
excel at guiding the full lifecycle of systems engineering
activities for high-quality, scalable solutions.
You accelerate the development process by leading all projects
through the implementation of approved system architecture and
designs. You maximize the system through the development and
integration of enhancements and providing process improvement
recommendations. You thrive in an office environment and feel
comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external teams
across various application development projects. You report to the
Manager of Software Development for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Successfully plan and design innovative system enhancements by
contributing to sessions with OSS Architects, Requirements
Analysts, IT Operations and OSS Systems Engineers.
- Implement successful design solutions by determining
feasibility, cost and functionality after a detailed review of
integration capabilities and data sources.
- Drive system engineering projects through the creation of
detailed design documents and functional specifications for new
applications and services and system enhancements.
- Release enhancements and products on time by drafting work
effort estimates for assigned tasks and support
- Mitigate system risks by developing core code modules, unit
test tools, release notes for enhancements and bug fixes while
implementing change control policies and disaster recovery
- Ensure proper OSS application installation, administration,
configuration and maintenance, to include an operating system and
- Improve client satisfaction by providing on-call support to
resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Minimize client impact during predetermined maintenance windows
by using established change management processes.
- Maximize databases by working with administrators to configure,
tune, and maintain them in a variety of languages.
- Refer to projects in the future by documenting all systems
configurations and upgrades.
- Reduce system issues by monitoring and managing applications,
device availability, network conditions, system reliability and
performance, program maintenance and storage resources.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
assigned.Required keys for success:
- Two or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Two or more years of system administration experience.
- Two or more years of database support and development
- Two or more years of experience in enterprise application
- Three or more years of application development experience in
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks
and testing tools.
- Expert of OSS applications and software.
- Experience choosing the appropriate lifecycle while planning,
monitoring and controlling the systems engineering process.
- Proven ability to conduct design sessions to determine specific
solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Track record of creating detailed documentation to show how to
functionally understand new and existing applications.
- History of following and implementing established change and
control policies and procedures.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid leadership and communication skills for internal and
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- One or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Two or more years of site reliability and deployment engineer
- Three or more years of system administration experience.
- Experience in automated test and build development.
- Versed in automated deployment with gating, approval and risk
- Adept in continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery
(CD) architectural design processes and tooling.
- Understanding of gitlab, Jenkins, kubernetes/ openshift.Your
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience
(required).ISY340 313375 313375BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Charlotte , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!