Senior UX Researcher - (US Remote Working)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Description When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed
into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global
education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered
with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and
fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000
academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our
services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback
Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and
ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine,
the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of
colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference
in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. Job
Description As a senior UX researcher, you're responsible for
driving research and design strategy to craft phenomenal customer
experiences. You'll provide our product team with meaningful
customer insights and work with designers to evaluate experience
outcomes. you will work closely with the designers, PMs, and Brand
Strategy departments in validating new concepts and improving on
the existing products for the purpose of enhancing the user
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, user interviews and apply
consistent best practices.
- Present engaging research and testing results to
- Read, contribute to and share UX research blogs/updates to help
spread the word.
- Write clear, concise and accurate research reports.
- Clarify research needs of key stakeholders and suggest new
methods to get at the key research objectives.
- Suggest ideal methods to get at key research objectives.
- Communicate ideas for how to make UX more visible in the
- Keep current with and share research and publications in the
- Establish and teach consistent best practices and its
- Excellent communicator and flexible team player that thrives in
a fast-paced and dynamic environment.Discovery & Problem-solving
- Quantitative and qualitative research including competitive
analysis to make decisions.
- Plan information sessions and research using the right
methodology and principles.
- Use current and past research to make accurate and effective
user experience decisions.
- Define metrics and KPIs and turn insights into actionable
- Synthesize and report on research data.
- Conduct work-shops, co-creation sessions and other group
- Competitive analysis to make foundational research decisions.
- Write fastidious and clear objectives to shape planning.
- Conduct interviews with PMs and users to understand project
needs and inform your research.
- Follow the UX research roadmap to understand work to come.
- Have many ideas for how to make UX more visible in the
- Establish and teach consistent best practices and its
applications at an org level.
- Utilize and implement UX research roadmap in prioritization
- Seek constant feedback and give feedback on research.
- Share UX insights in UX reviews and seek input.
- Mentor by inspiring junior researchers to do their best
- Contribute to the research repository, help organize and clean
- Comfortable working closely with passionate engineering and
product teams that are deeply concerned about the creation of a
great consumer experience.Qualities we are looking for -
- You research with an understanding of business needs and
- You can conduct stakeholder meetings and follow the full UX
research process with emphasis on leading the UX research
- You care tremendously about hearing from users and using their
feedback to help guide your work.
- You are passionate about the balance between strong usability
and world-class visual design.
- You understand and enjoy the experimental and iterative nature
of product design teams.
- You enjoy digging into the details to define the best possible
- You can adjust to changing focus, priorities, and tasks.
- You can work independently and meet deadlines.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, written
- You are an empathetic teammate and cross-functional
- You have a bias toward action. Qualifications
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 5-10 years as a user researcher or similar role.
- Experience working optimally with diverse, cross-functional
product teams to guide research decisions.
- Experience translating research findings into product
improvements and communicating results in a manner that is usable,
understandable and actionable.
- Experience defining customer experience opportunities,
identifying connections across lines of business, and solving
- Relevant research portfolio showing how you conduct research
for user needs, analyze data and report user feedback.
- Experience working with engineering constraints, and
stakeholder desires. - Additional Information Our Mission is to
ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve
learning outcomes. -Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
on education.Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all
persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and
employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Turnitin, Charlotte , Senior UX Researcher - (US Remote Working), Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!