SERVER - SERVICE LABOR
Company: Big View Diner
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCome join our TEAM!!Fresh Ingredients,
Exceptional ExperienceWe are committed to preparing your meals with
the freshest ingredients and serving them to you by professional
and well-equipped staff. We desire to give you an exceptional
dining experience each and every time you eat with us. In these
days of pre-fabricated foods and sub-standard service we believe
you can tell the difference. Come try us and experience what
thousands of others have already experienced: MarketPlace Grill is
truly a fresh change of place.POSITION SUMMARY: The Food Server is
the primary guest care provider. Servers will greet guests, answer
questions, take food and beverage orders, deliver completed items,
do 2-minute check backs and present accurate guests checks, collect
and process payments. Although support staff may be scheduled to
assist, primary responsibility for the entire guest experience
after seating and up to departure falls to the server.
RESPONSIBILITIES (PRIMARY)Welcoming Guests
- Within 1 minute of seating, visit the table to acknowledge new
guests. This should be done in person but if delayed, either make
eye contact and smile to convey recognition or ask another employee
to greet you.
- Greetings should be polite, friendly and professional. Thank
the guests for choosing to join us and ask the guests if they have
visited before. This will let you know if more time should be taken
to familiarize the guest with the menu or if you can jump to
specific tasks such as mentioning specials, suggesting starters and
requesting a beverage order.Taking Orders
- This involves listening to guests
- All orders must be written down and repeated back to guest for
- Asking necessary questions
- Timing knowledge
- POS skills
- Suggestive selling techniques and product knowledge. Ongoing
- Work clean
- Fill condiments and wipe containers
- Pre-buss tables
- Bring additional needed items (such as share plates, soup
spoons) before delivering items that need them
- Check back within 2 minutes for accurate order delivery and
- Anticipate guest needs
- Stay in the section; look at tables and all guests.
- Don't ask, do – bring refills, dessert menus, and additional
- For charge items, ask if another is desired at 2/3 completion
and again when clearing empty containers.
- Work with full hands both ways to the kitchen. Don't drop off
plates without checking if you can bring anything out to be
restocked.Finishing the Table
- When it appears that some of the guests are finishing, ask if
they would like their empty plates removed.
- If food remains, leave the plate unless they push it away.
- If food remains but they are finished, ask if they would like
to go packaging.
- As you clear, offer coffee or other drinks.
- Bring a menu for desserts and point out the selections.
- If nothing else is desired, immediately review the written
orders and verify all items have been recorded, print the check and
leave it at the table, saying you will take it when they are
- Watch for payment to be presented, pick up, process and return
- When the payment is picked up, thank the guest for coming in
and that you hope they will visit again soon.
- If payment is made in cash, return change in a mixture of bills
that the guest may use for a gratuity if desired. For example, if
the change is $10.30, return a five, five ones and the silver. Do
not ever ask if change is desired, return it so all decisions are
up to the guest. You may choose to round pennies up, never round
- If a card is used, and you know whose card is used, it is a
nice touch to thank the guest who pays by name when you return the
card and payment slip. RESPONSIBILITIES (POS COMPUTER SYSTEM)
- Log on
- Ring guest orders by seat positions
- Enter and time fired items,
- Complete and accurate guest checks with needed modifiers and
add on charges
- Print checks in a variety of configurations
- Enter one of more payment methods
- Close out reporting and reconciliation.RESPONSIBILITIES
(OTHER)This position needs to have all full working knowledge of
hostess, busser and food runner positions. In the absence of these
positions, food servers need to be able to provide all services
needed after the guest has entered the restaurant until they leave.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ALL EMPLOYEES)
- All employees are expected to be part of the Total Service
experience and look for ways to provide service to guests and as
needed, to each other.
- Provide first-class guest service at all times.
- Adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures.QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and
- Ability to multitask, grace under pressure, the ability to
establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities and
the ability to communicate clearly with guests.
- A sense of balance and physical coordination to handle multiple
plates and shifting weights as items are delivered.
- Chosen employees will be team players and possess the ability
to work well with others.PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Indoor and outdoor areas with exposure to the outdoor elements
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of
time.Note: This job description is intended only as a general
guideline of your duties and responsibilities at the Restaurant and
is not a legally binding contract. Clean Plate reserves the right
to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems
appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be
implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted
or substituted in this job description.
Keywords: Big View Diner, Charlotte , SERVER - SERVICE LABOR, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!