Executive, Application Development
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobPlans, coordinates, and supervises all activities
related to the design, development, and implementation and
maintenance of the organization's applications development and
analysis function. Manages multiple development teams often
supporting one or more lines of business or business functional
areas. Works closely with clients in order to map and support their
operational needs. Responsible for developing, distributing,
supporting, enforcing, and integrating best practices and
technology standards across the organization, including ensuring
all Information Technology General Controls, Processes and
Procedures are followed as applicable and appropriate.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Performs workload management and prioritization duties in
support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Applies subject-matter-expert functional knowledge to lead
subordinate workers in producing work deliverables in support of
- Develops functional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates major improvements to
processes and systems.
- Ensures that the assigned application group develops processes
and tools that contribute to the company business objectives.
- Ensures that all application processes developed internally or
by external service providers are conducted in line with corporate
social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and
applicable standards and legislation.
- Oversees the assessment of the technical and business fitness
of the application portfolio and their associated costs and
- In partnership with CTO, Infrastructure and IT Security,
ensures that the organization's applications are effectively
secured and that risks are mitigated and comply with legal and
corporate privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Establishes management routines to ensure appropriate oversight
of the organization's software development and maintenance
- Serves as financial steward for the organization and manages
relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure
they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Evaluates and selects third party vendors to provide value
added services. Facilitates the contracting process through the
Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) enterprise process.
- Responsible for contract company/service performance providing
timely feedback to ensure the best value for USAA.
- Collaborates with CTO to ensure that solutions are consistent
with technology standards.
- Works across IT and business partners to reduce technical
- Collaborates with other leaders and/or stakeholders and develop
an application development strategy that aligns with business
strategy, adds value and is within budget constraints.
- Responsible for team's adherence to SDLC SDLC and applicable
- Works to ensure teams have appropriate, development plans
consistent with domain of expertise.
- Mentors across the technical community.
- Provides oversight to the engagement with the business DPO and
ensures deliverables adhere to Agile
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information
systems or related field of study; OR 4 years of related experience
(in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.Minimum Experience:
- 10 years of experience of general IT management
- 4 years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Strong technical background of web-based application
architecture, system and database architecture, security
application integration and object-oriented languages in a large
- Extensive experience in all stages of the software development
life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to a
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders,
influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Demonstrated experience in vendor contract management and
management of distributed development teams and resources.
- Demonstrated financial acumen involving budgets, forecasting,
and executing on the budgets for applicable technology support
- Understanding of relevant industry frameworks, i.e. COBIT,
ITIL, SAFe, etc.
- Understanding of Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
- Experience overseeing the technology life cycle from
requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code,
documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of technical domains that
reside within Infrastructure Services, Security, Data or
- Experience conducting cost benefit analyses and leveraging
results to drive technology support solutions.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in embedding intuitive story
telling of technology support functions including concise
presentation of complex technical details.
- Experience and ability to drive a culture of quality and
personal accountability through technology support
- Proven experience leading large modernization initiatives in
the areas of Accounting and Financial Planning
- Experience in the Oracle Cloud Suite of products is highly
desirableCompensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $155,400 - $279,800Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Keywords: USAA, Charlotte , Executive, Application Development, Other , Harrisburg, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!