Senior User Experience Researcher
Company: Synchrony Financial
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description:About Loop Commerce:Loop Commerce is on a
mission to reshape e-commerce and gifting.Acquired by Synchrony in
June 2018, Loop Commerces GiftNow is a transformative force in the
+$500 billion Gift-Commerce category. Our Gift Experience
Management Platform (GXM) is being leveraged by many leading brands
(Michael Kors, Coach, Kate Spade and more), and we are continuing
our growth by partnering with influential retailers, platforms, and
solution providers to improve the way gifting is done and turn
online gifts into memorable experiences.Role Summary/Purpose:We are
looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team. You will
be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our
products. You will reveal what our users need from our products by
conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and
performing a variety of user studies. These responsibilities also
include inspiring change, delivering oral and written
presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and
helping cross-functional teams better understand what would make a
users experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.This
position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On
occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office
for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training
and culture events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and
communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be
fully vaccinated. Were proud to offer you choice and
- Lead product research efforts across our products, engaging
with product managers, designers, and development teams to craft
and build user-centric solutions.
- Apply user research methods for identifying problems in the
users journey, determine the best resolution, and aid in the design
and execution of usability tests.
- Establish continuous discovery processes and best practices,
including coaching team members, sourcing tools and services, and
automating relevant processes like research participant
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to capture customer
feedback and insights from the perspectives of various functional
teams (i.e. Sales, Marketing, etc).
- Develop strategic recommendations through the learnings and
findings from research analysis to advise management teams on
changes to digital strategy and UX design to improve product
performance, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate findings to team members of different departments
and management to help guide decision-making.
- Create interview and testing protocols.
- Develop and communicate research and testing plans.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Execute research interviews and validation experiments,
including ownership of remote study logistics.
- Review data and usage in our products to find
- Tag and analyze survey responses.
- Report research findings on a bi-weekly cadence.
- Help define and measure customer success metrics.
- Work with internal teams to create templates that can be used
to communicate insights and design team performance (e.g. weekly
synthesis shareouts, quarterly discovery/delivery reviews,
- Continuously evaluate research management tools and processes
to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable, and offer
solutions to improve these tools and processes.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as
- Bachelor's Degree or, in lieu of a degree, a high school
diploma and 10+ years of experience in UX research.
- 6+ years of work experience relevant in UX research that
- Experience with remote testing tools.
- A proven track record of operating independently and delivering
results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being
detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized
- Advanced Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology,
Cognitive Science, Design or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results.
- Youre a self-starter who can take an assignment and run with
it, even expanding on it or helping to shape the request when
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including
research, planning, evaluating, and iteration.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills for
interacting with and influencing cross functional stakeholders with
the ability to adapt communication style to suit different
- Ability to be successful in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
that requires independent time management, task prioritization,
flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively
work towards solutions.Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background
investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service
with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.
Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the
associate will have a minimum 6 months time in position before they
can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or
greater, must have at least 24 months time in position before they
can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance
expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the
approval of your manager and HR if you dont meet the time in
position or performance expectations).Legal authorization to work
in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran
status.Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please
tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation
include making a change to the application process or work
procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a
sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career
Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can
be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from
8am 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.The salary range
for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are
adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions
are bonus eligible.Grade/Level: 12Job Family Group:Marketing
Keywords: Synchrony Financial, Charlotte , Senior User Experience Researcher, Other , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!