AML Quality Control Advisor Lead
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
This is a Hybrid position located within commutable distance in San
Antonio TX, Plano TX, Phoenix AZ, Colorado Springs CO, Tampa
Campus/ Crosstown FL, Charlotte NC or if not commutable distance:
Promotes Risk-awareness and the overall effectiveness of Risk and
compliance management programs, Risk analytics and operations in
the business. This role will partner and collaborate with
Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT,
Audit Services, and Regulators to support Risk and compliance-based
initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence
to the established Risk framework and ongoing supervision of
business controls; including, Risk and control self-assessments,
identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying
control failures, facilitating Risk and compliance remediation,
internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring
of the first line of defense to minimize Risk exposures and
strengthen the overall control environment. Manages Risk assessment
data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of
defense.Job RequirementsRole is specific for an individual with an
IT background, who is a subject matter expert in understanding IT,
self-starter, outstanding problem-solving skills and understands
controls/testing of IT controls (design and effectiveness). Within
defined guidelines and framework, provides centralized Bank
operational support performed by personnel independent from
operations, that support the business unit through internal quality
process review, and retesting to ensure operational/compliance
risks are appropriately identified. As part of first line of
defense, leads all aspects of quality standards are implemented in
accordance with internal business practices, risk and compliance
policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements for Quality
Control Management. Reviews and identifies defects or gaps within
processes, tracks error trends and documents and or publishes
result in appropriate operational system. Communicates findings
with internal partners and shares feedback to address issues
identified in the review process. Responsible for overseeing timely
reviews and ensuring accuracy of quality review results. Ensures
quality standards are established in accordance with internal
practices and regulatory requirements.Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging Risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures Risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written Risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Directs and coordinates multiple initiatives in support of Risk
and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives including but not
limited to: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory
reporting and filing, document governance, Risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Applies a comprehensive understanding of Risk and regulatory
compliance to includes business strategies and solutions.
- Responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report
preparation and trend analysis, applying business intelligence
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and
anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and is responsible for action plans designed
to enhance governance practices in alignment with Risk and
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate Risk
and prevent Risk exposures which result in significant business
- Leads the most complex projects involving cross-functional
areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution and
leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to Risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members
and advises on Risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to
ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 years of experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
relevant industry Or 8 years of experience in a relevant
quantitative discipline Or advanced degree or designation in a Risk
management or quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience
supporting Risk and/or compliance related activities Or PhD in a
Risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of
experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: OCC Heightened Standards, BSA/AML, REG E,
UDAAP/UDAP, TILA/REG Z, SCRA, FCRA, MLAPreferred Experience:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of control testing.
- Responsible for overseeing Bank AML control testing as
contemplated by the annual plan to ensure timely and quality
- Identifies and assesses key risks and controls, assesses design
of controls as well as operational effectiveness of key and non-key
- Provides work direction and coaching to team members, including
guidance/oversight of testing approach/results.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment
while balancing multiple priorities.
- Active CAMS or Equivalent/Desire to obtain Certification
- 5+ Years of Financial Institution Experience
- 5+ Years of BSA/AML Background
- Audit or Quality Control Experience, including Control Testing
(Design and Operational Effectiveness).Compensation:USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this position is: $106,800-$192,300*.Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is NOT
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Charlotte , AML Quality Control Advisor Lead, Other , Cornelius, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!